LP12 & Audiolab left to me by my late uncle

ollysteve

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

My late uncle left me most of his kit and was quite into his vinyl and CD’s. I am more home cinema orientated so have a dilemma. This is some of the kit he left me and I would rather it went to someone who appreciated it than stick it on a well known auction site.

The list is as follows:

Linn Sondek LP12 serial number 81609 fitted with Linn ITTOK LVII arm and Ortofon MC15 super II. It also has the Lingo power supply serial no. 02861. It has a black ash (veneer) plinth. Condition wise it has a few marks on the plinth where the lid rests and a couple of 1mm chips, the lid has surface scratches and the two black hinges are cracked which I know are easily replaced. It was bought originally from Audio T in Gants Hill (Ilford) Essex. I don’t have the original box or manual but I do have a Goldring MM EPIC - II cartridge as well.

I also have Audiolab gear all purchased from Audio T in Gants Hill (Ilford) Essex.
8000 DAC serial number 215A02028 no box but have manual
8000 CDM serial number 221F000329 boxed with manual
8000 C serial number 208E56027 boxed with manual
8000 P serial number 209E60061 boxed with manual

I also have some Van den Hul cables

What do you think would be a reasonable price to ask for it?

Any help would be most appreciated. I live in Westerwood near Glasgow so it's ironic that the Linn has found it's way home.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

a4lloxo

i think you could comfortably ask £1200+ for the Sondek....,oh aye and whats it called:D

Last edited:

ollysteve

Standard Member
lol:D:D

Thanks for the answer, I really don't want to flog it, but I have no real use for it and it's too good to stick on ebay and get bombarded with silly offers.

Steve

ollysteve

Standard Member
Ah well that's the LP12 away, did a deal with the guys at Audio Merchants for my 3005SE's and an RXV-1900. One of the guys there has been after one for a while so much as it saddens me it's gone to a new home to be loved once more.

Kane D Williams

I think £200 - £250 each for the pre and power amps. £300 ish for the DAC. £250 ish for the CD player/

I'm no expert, but these seem like the going rate.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom