LP, XP or FR WHEN DUBBING DVD TO HARDRIVE FOR EDITING?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 1439nick, Jul 11, 2005.

1. 1439nick

1439nick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have borrowed a 3 fight boxing compilation dvd from a friend which i presume is recorded in LP as it is nearly 4 hours long. It obviously was originally from vhs as it is some old ALI fights of middling picture quality..

I want to dub it too my hard drive on Panasonic 95, edit out the ads and then reburn it to a new disc. Is it best to dub it in LP onto the hard drive and then just burn it the same quality after editing or should i record it in a higher quality to the harddrive and then FR it when i reburn it onto disc. or record each title in xp and FR it to disc?

I want to avoid re-encoding it too many times as to keep the best picture quality possible. Has anyone any advice on this?

Also, when dubbing it to the harddrive will the 3 titles dub concurrently or will i have to dub each title individually?

2. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    if you dub to HDD using a higher setting, it would reduce the number of artifacts due to re-encoding, and once you have edited out the bits you dont want use FR to dub to disc and you shouldn't lose too much quality :thumbsup:

3. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    My adivce is to copy to HD best quality possible.