Lowest quality of recording of the Pioneer 530H-S

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by s5034454, Aug 29, 2005.

1. s5034454

s5034454

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm doubting between buying a Pioneer DVR 720H-S or the 530H-S (newer model).

The main difference is that it can record on a lower quality, thus being able to record more on it's 160 Gb HD. But I'm wondering ... everybody says that LP is already of a doubtfull quality ... so is it worth it to record something in the lowest possible quality? (SEP => 350 hours on 160 Gb)

Does anybody have any experience with this model and do you use this quality?

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    You'll really notice a sharp decline in quality when recording at this speed.

However don't let this be your only consideration for the 530, it has much to offer. Possibly the finest DVD-R I have used.

3. s5034454

s5034454

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your reaction.

I think for me, this is the only consideration to buy this model or not, because the 720 is almost the exact same features. It can only record on a lower quality, can write dual layer (way to expencive) and has TV Guid Plus (which isn't very reliable). So all I have to ask myself is whether I want to pay 50 or even 100 euro more to be able to record on a very low quality.

Or do you think there are some other considerations to buy the newer model instead of the old one?

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Many. Read the threads on this machine on here as well as some of the professional reviews. It's a tasty piece of kit.

As to the EPG not being reliable, since becoming conversant with its ins and outs I have never had a problem with it.
    :smashin:

5. s5034454

s5034454

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it's a very cool device, but so is the 720H-S. I mean ... there's virtually no difference between the two. If the 720H-S gets a 9/10 then the 530H-S gets a 9.1/10. The 530 is the successor of the 720. I mean ... the difference is so subtle that 'm asking myself if it's worth paying an extra 100 euro's for.

I will check some reviews on this site though. I didn't know that there were any.

In any case: thanks and if you (or anybody else) still has some remarks, experiences they want to share or you can help me by finding a big difference between the two, please don't hesitate to write a reply. :thumbsup: