1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowest ohms my reciever will accept

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by contactadam2002, Jan 13, 2005.

1. contactadam2002

contactadam2002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am hoping to use a qed SS21 parallel speaker switch. I understand how it works and hope to use it to double up the centre channel speaker output on my reciever (Yamaha RX-V2400RDS) The problem or concern that I have is that it splits the ohms down to drive the sound into the two speakers which will make it 4ohms (don't they test it at 4ohms in HCC).I don't think that it is possible for it to overheat the reciever as the cooling process is very efficient when I crank it up. So does anyone know though if I will be-able to do this, or will I encounter problems if I do so? And if so then what? The speakers that am useing are the AE Aegis Evo series by the way. Thanks

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    For normal use I see no problem, but when you crank it up pay attention: any sign of distortion or when the protection circuit kicks in means you have to lower the volume or even switch the unit off for a while.