Lower end Smart Phone

BName

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi i am looking for a phone but nothing premium it just needs the features i am interested in having. I would like a big clear screen my eyesight is not that good for seeing smaller text, for example the HTC desire i have now is difficult to see at times. Good Camera and video features are useful and would be useful. Sound quality needs to be loud and clear. Needs to have bluetooth aswell. Will i get such a phone with features like this without it being a premium highend phone ?

Whats your budget and would you be willing to purchase second hand phones?

They'll be much cheaper, have a look here: smartfonestore

They are all used phones but come with 7 day return (90 day warranty), you don't like it they'll post you a free returns envelope.

Depends on your budget really. You can get a used Samsung Galaxy S2 for around £150 now, it's still a fantastic phone

My budget isn't really a problem i just didn't want to go and pay a fortune for a phone that has got all the bells and whistles on it that i would not have much of an interest in and use.

Last edited:
Am i right in thinking you will not get Video recording abilities on a lower end phone ?

Am i right in thinking you will not get Video recording abilities on a lower end phone ?

No, pretty much any phone with a camera will record video. Most newer phones record video in HD too.

Is the Huawei Ascend G510 only locked to Vodaphone ? I read it will be shipped unlocked soon when does this start does anyone know ? i would preffer unlocked than the bloatware i should imagine unlocked is going to be more expensive though ?

Ascend? That's not exactly an upgrade right? I mean looking at the specs at least, in many ways its quite inferior to Desire? Text wouldn't be remotely as sharp either.

I would recommend Note II, but too expensive for your liking. Galaxy Mega is the cheaper, larger version of Note II, but not sure if it's out yet.

How big are you thinking when you say big? There's the last years flagship size of about 4.5 inch. Then there's 2 years ago that were about 4.2 inch and now there seems to be 5 inch or even up to 7 inch tablets that make calls now.
Budgets a big thing, for under £150 you'll get the huawei, add a bit and the nexus 4 could be yours for £250. The next size up is either the sgs4 or even the note 2 but they will be pushing £500. If you want huge there's always the new Asus fone pad, £180 it will do everything but it is a tablet that can make calls

I was thinking the bigger the screen the easier it will be to see ? but then with the different screen types you get i am not so sure. The HTC Desire i have now is about 3.7

Last edited:
The Note 2 seems like it ticks all the boxes apart from the price but i could see cons with all the others that come in at a cheaper price.

The Note 2 seems like it ticks all the boxes apart from the price but i could see cons with all the others that come in at a cheaper price.

Yep, if you're looking for a large sized phone, don't look any further. And has top battery life :thumbsup: You might not use all the features, but they're all handy extras. Entirely worth it IMO.

The only device I think I could hang on to for a while :)

The only device I think I could hang on to for a while :)

I said the same about my Nexus 4 (I've been through 8 Android phones in the past 3 years) but now I'm coveting the Xperia Z and the HTC One

I said the same about my Nexus 4 (I've been through 8 Android phones in the past 3 years) but now I'm coveting the Xperia Z and the HTC One

Haha, no - I'm saying this objectively. I bought this before S4 and One was out and after trying them out, still I don't feel like switching at all. I immediately know that I would miss the awesome battery life, screen real estate, and S Pen.

Note 3, I might be tempted to make the switch though, I agree.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom