1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowe Acconda

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Tracey, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the Loewe Acconda suffers badly from magnetic interference? The reason I ask is I've just started looking for a house but due to my budget I'm never going to get anywhere that has a huge lounge so I need to know if I can place my Mission 781's fairly close to an Acconda or will it cause interfernce? At the moment I have a 4 year old Toshiba (don't know the model number it's not widescreen) and the speakers are placed about 1 ft (max) away from it on either side and I don't get any interference whatsoever. I've already decided the Acconda is the tv I want but I can't buy it until I get a house so I woud hate to move in, order my Acconda then realise that I'm going to get interference from my spekaers and there's nothing I can do because my front room isn't big enough! :(

2. robocook

robocook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    according the Mission: "All models in this range are magnetically shielded apart from the 780 and 78ds" so there shouldn't be any problems from the 781s anyway.

3. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, I didn't think to check that, that's good news becuase I wasn't intending to change my speakers for a long time I'm really happy with them.

4. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have my speakes(Mordaunt Shorts) about 2 1/2 feet either side of the Aconda with no problems and they are not magnetically shielded. I also have a center speaker directly under the Aconda which is shielded again no problem. The fact that your Missions are shielded almost gaurentees you will be fine.

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Hi Tracey
    Wasn’t you looking at the Loewo Aconda’s back in June, which colour have decide on?
    I have some Castle speakers with very strong magnets (you want to see the satellites they have brought down in the back garden) the actual distance from the TV is 24inches but the cabinet is nearer. This has not cause any presence (colour staining). I have a very slight bowing at the sides of the picture but I have been told by independent professionals this has nothing to do with magnets, this can also be seen on sets in open spaces.
    By the way I have seen sets with speakers in the side that has cause problems themselves, if left plugged in. I also have heard of some 36 inch sets getting presence from radiators and metal structures in the wall.
    I think you are safe with the Loewe.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.