Low volume on Sony KDEF50a12u with XBOX 360

K

Killian

Hi Guys

Picture on the xbox 360 is sweet, and I do have sound, however I have to raise the volume to 60+ to get a normal level of volume. And then when I switch back to sky it nearly gives me a heart attack because the noise comes booming out.

Im connecting the Xbox via component HD which came with the premium pack. I've checked the connactions and everything is as it should be. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem ? And if so how did you solve it.

So far it's the only niggle I'm having with this TV.

Isn't there a volume correction feature somewhere? Having checked the manual it's in the Set Up Menu under AV preset menu and is called Sound Offset

in the thread asking about the sagem 50" you said you got yours from makro, have you got the sagem or sony???

I use the same Tv to connect to my 360 and to be truthful I've had no problems, if anything with games like Burnout Revenge I have to turn the sound down a tad or its a bit too loud for late night gaming.

I tried the sound offset, it works, but the volume still isn't correct on component, I have to put the volume to max to watch a dvd normally on the tv. Maybe its an xbox setting ?

are you using componant or vga? how are you you inputting the sound? (ie are you going straight into the jacks or are you using a splitter?)?

I'm using component, and I'm plugging the sound straight into the jacks beside the component jacks on the back of the TV, as far as I know I'm pretty sure I've hooked it up correctly.

It's strange though, I have good sound, its just that I have to up the volume to at least 60 to get anything near a reasonable level of volume. Then when I switch back to SKY............. BOOM !! Mega-loud !!

I just can't figure it out. Any1 with the same TV and an xbox 360 using component having the same problems ? :(

I have the same set and use componant to use the 360. I had a similar problem when I was trying to connect both my dvd player and my 360 using Y splitter jacks.

I changed to 2 seperate switching boxes one for audio and one for picture and the problem dissappeared.

Yours seems to be a slightly different problem if you do not have anything else plugged into the jacks.

Have you checked that the lead is plugged in properly into the 360. I take it you are using the official componant lead and not the Standard AV Cable?

Just a thought; you haven't got any sound processing such as virtual dolby enabled on the TV have you?

Also make sure that on the Xbox 360 you have Dolby Digital OFF and Dolby Pro-Logic ON, I don't know why it doesn't give an option for stereo. Could try Mono just to see what volume level you get.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom