low volume on centre speaker....

P

Phil38

I have got my home cinema connected up but the centre speaker is considerably quieter than the others. The only way to change the volume of this speaker is to select either large or small speaker in the set up menu.

Is there any way I can increase this speakers volume without changing it or is a swap the best option. I have done it all on a budget and am trying to keep the costs down.

Thanx for any help you can offer.

Cheers. Phil. :smashin:

Channel adjustment; use a SPL meter to get the speaker levels at the same volume (ie 75 or 85dB) from your main listening position.

Thanx Nathan but unfortunately I have no way of adjusting individual speaker volumes. All I can do from my set up menu is to change the size of speaker from small to large. Watching The Mummy Returns now I can only just make out the dialogue but the surround effects are loud enough that I feel I almost need to turn down the volume. Would altering the Dynamic setting have any effect or would that rob me of the peaks and troughs of the effects?

Sorry to be a pain but I'm really new at this.

Cheers. Phil.

Phil
First off what equipment are you using??

Hi Zone.

I am using a Nicam digital Goldstar TV with a Minato EC-105B home cinema system. The system has 5x20 watt surround speakers and a 40 watt sub. Not a lot I know but it is my first one and I didn't want to break the bank on it.

I also want to hook up a VCR and a Sky digibox to it but however i do it ti seems to cause problems. I have scart sockets on everything and a 3 way dscart splitter. This isn't switched though. I want to be able to use the DPL ll thru the VCR and digibox but nothjing I do seems to work. Is there somewhere I can go online to find the hook up diagram I need to refer to?

Sorry to be a pain over this but I would like it to work right and it's driving me up the wall at the minute.

Cheers. Phil

Hi Phil
wasn't/isn't Minato a Tesco jobbie??
Sorry never heard of the model you have but I'm sure someone will have some experience of them.
As Nathan said (And welcome back by the way ;) ) I'm sure there must be a way to alter the volumes of the individual speakers, a very strange setup if that isn't the case, how long have you had it and where did you buy it from maybe speak to them re speaker adjustments, good luck :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom