Low rise table/stand for an AV reciever

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by hp1980, Jan 8, 2012.

1. hp1980

hp1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

My receiver has arrived and my speakers will get here some point mid week

My current stand does not allow for the receiver, as it doesn't have enough space for ventilation :mad:

I thought I'd remove the DVD tray and raise the height by 3 inches

Off I went to hardware store to get the wood. Set it all up today, and boy does it not look as it did in my head...also didn't realise how much I'd want my DVD/blu rays there too. Back to square one :rolleyes:

My main issue is I've had far too many out goings which i did not expect so a new stand is out of the question, plus i like the one i have and don't want to get rid. Doesn't help most new ones do not allow for a receiver as the shelf heights are just not large enough...that and not many come with the height AND trays for media

What i thought I could do was put a small low rise table/stand next to the cabinet. Something that is about 45cms wide, 40cms in depth and about 20 cms in height

Where does one get the above??

I've seen a set of coffee tables, in which the smallest one may do the job, but i don't fancy buying 3 tables, and only using the small one after hacking at the legs

Any ideas...ideally it should be in pine wood affect (not bothered if it's not real pine, with chip board in the middle)

PS: I know I'm going to have to fork out some money, but don't want to it to be loads

:lease::lease::rolleyes:

2. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,382
    Blimey
    Have almost the exact same problem after moving my Onkyo 905 downstairs
    Interested in what you find

3. hp1980

hp1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's your space allowance - What also screws me up is that I have a bay window in front of the tv cabinet so people need a little space to get to close the curtains

May consioder a shelvign unit from other hifi stands. It'll be low but may not have ecent legs i.e. may just be nuts and bolts

4. hp1980

hp1980
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I also have a great little corner of the room to put it in, but that'd mean extra long HDMI cables for all the equipment, and also it wont be ni line of sight of the control :( Who'd have thought this "little" treat to myself of speakers and reciever after my old one blew would be such a nightmare