Low resolution on Webos and apps interface (NANO75 - 65")

Digonagel

Novice Member
Hi Guys!
So I just bought a 65" NANO75. It came perfectly and I'm really satisfied with the 4k images. The only thing that's been bothering me is that the Webos interface and even apps' interface like Youtube or Netflix seem like they are in a lower resolution than the TV can handle. The content plays perfectly, but, for example, the subtitles and menus don't seem as sharp as they should.

When searching for an answer i found basically nothing except for this link, in which LG specifies to app developers that on 4k tvs the app graphics must be at 1080p and in full hd tvs, the app graphics must be in 720p:

https://webostv.developer.lge.com/di...pp-resolution/

Also the subtitles from the tv's own player looked not really sharp when I played a show I downloaded to an external drive

Anyone here experiencing the same? Is that right? On 4k LG tvs the apps interface and graphics are supposed to be of lower resolution? Or am I seeing things?

22raider

Novice Member
Hi Diagonage.

I have the same problem. At first I thought it was a problem with my TV, but looking at your post I see that it's something more general.

In my case, I have bought recently LG 32LM6370PLA (model 2021, webOS 4.5). Although this TV has a native resolution of 1920x1080, only videos and photos are shown in this resolution. System UI, Apps and subtitles are shown in a lower resolution (I think it is 1280x720).

My previous LG TV is a 32" model of 2015. This model cames with webOS 2.0 and all is shown in 1920x1080, including system UI, Apps, subtitles, videos and photos.

Searching through the internet I have found the same link as you.

The question is, how to set system UI to the native resolution of the TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom