1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Res Plasma Vs 1366x768 Plasma on normal TV Picture?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jonsayers, Jun 2, 2005.

1. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Has anyone seen the new hi-def plasmas? (1366x768) Obviously HD content is going to be better than on the normal plasma (852 x 480) but how does say a normal Sky Picture look in comparison?

At the moment I've got a 42" Samsung Panel which I'm really happy with. I've got Sky plugged in via RGB Scart and my DVD player via Component.

Has anyone made the move and is it worth it? (aside from the ability to watch HD content)

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well 1366x768 means the leap to 50" you need to go and look at some new HD ready screens most likely you'll be blown away by sky on a PV500 or similar and chances are your sammy wont be able to display HD content of one form or another but only you can decide if now is the right time to change!

3. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get get 42" 1366x768 screens. I don't think the wife will let me go to a 50" and I think it'd be a little bit big for my room.

How would the quality get any better if the source picture hasn't been improved? It's still only PAL ;)

My mate wants a 42" plasma and I can get the fairly cheaply through my work. so my thought was sell him mine and get a new high resolution one. I'm happy with my plasma as it is (though I do want to be able to watch England Lose the World Cup in HD ;) )

My thought is if I'm not going to see an improvement NOW. then I'll wait till nearer 2006 world cup before getting a new screen.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Please point me to any 1366x768 42" PDP there are 1366x768 LCD's but as far as i know there is no 1366x768 PDP available in the UK

5. jonsayers

jonsayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could be wrong, I'm sure I saw some perhaps they were 50" I was looking at. I'll check.

6. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are zero 42" 1366x760 plasmas as Horny says..

SD looks amazing on my HD panel.