• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Low quality reception on sky ITALIA HD

rovertos

Standard Member
hello,

I get very low quality reception for sky ITALIA HD channels.

for all other sd channels of sky italia i get a very good reception.

can you help please? I am quite new in these stuff

Ghostleader

What size dish & your location please?, it will help with your question!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

With any digital TV channel you should get either good reception or none at all.
Could you give us more details of the ways in which that channel is of very low quality?

rovertos

Standard Member
basically the channel freezes all the time and i get low signal quality. whenever I can actually see the channel on the TV the quality is excellent. But soon after it freezes and then it says no signal.

logiciel

OK thanks - Ghostleader may be able to suggest an explanation and solution now.

rovertos

Standard Member
on my edision argus mini I get Signal level: 85% and signal quality as low as 21%. I can only see the channel when signal quality rises at about 60% (but this doesnt happen with sky italia HD channels)

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Are any SD channels having similar problems?

You could have signal quality issues that the Edison is easily dealing with OK on SD channels but it's buffers & processing speeds can't cope with on HD.

The problem/s could be at the dish/ lnb/ coax or a receiver fault, but that difference in signals on Hotbird would make me check all is OK at the dish 1st & check the cable too.. to give the receiver the best signals & minimum error handling.

Could you check the receiver on another dish &/or try another receiiver on your dish?

Last edited:

rovertos

Standard Member
I will try to check my receiver on another dish and check my dish with a dreambox 800 hd.

Other HD channels show perfectly on my edision though. I only have a problem with sky italia hd channels.

rovertos

Standard Member
I finally checked my receiver on another dish and it SKY italia HD channels show perfectly. I also tried the dreambox 800 hd on my sattelite and I couldnt receive sky italia HD channels. it appears that there is something wrong with my dish/lnb/coax. any recomendations please?

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
I finally checked my receiver on another dish and it SKY italia HD channels show perfectly. I also tried the dreambox 800 hd on my sattelite and I couldnt receive sky italia HD channels. it appears that there is something wrong with my dish/lnb/coax. any recomendations please?

as per post 8# para 3 really - just check everything..

dish aim, lnb focus & skew, cables & connectors- especially any evidence of water (or blue/ green or black staining), also if there is a tree that has grown in the dish's view or anything else in the view or if the dish is damaged [bent] or if there is a fault on any media device that is connected in any way (RF/ AV/ HDMI etc..).

logiciel

Impossible to answer - there is far too much choice - just don't pay too much or too little.
The Hotbird satellites don't need anything special.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
What is the best cable and LNB for hotbird?

Webro WF100 is probably deemed the best sat 100 (1mm) coax atm & the Black Ultra LNB the best Universal KU LNB... we use loads of both on motorised installs, but any decent copper core/ copper foil/ copper braid RG6 CAI approved coax such as Triax TX100 would be fine & a decent but cheaper LNB such as an Inverto Premium LNB.. if it's just for Hotbird which is very strong in the UK but still worth doing a good job including using correctly fitting (tight) self seal f connectors.

Ideally avoid the cheaper aluminium/ ali-plastic shielded/ ali-braided coax & generally cheap coax that can have a non UV & low weather resistant outer plastic cover that will still all work but generally can have a shorter life.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom