Low Profile Wall Mounted Speaker Recommendations Please

Any of the low Denons would do as the RPs are easy to drive, but they are also expensive due to being US company.

You could consider MA Radius 225 (x3) over the Klipsches, perhaps slight discount possible when you buy three?

DLYGYnxXcAAaIWH

Shame you just missed good deal of Apexes, probably not as slim as you want though.
Thanks. Yeah, I saw that sale of the apexes alright but I don't really love the look of the curved speakers in my room where it's all clean lines. Similarly I prefer the look of the Klipsch RP 240s and the Kef t301s over the radius. I reckon it's the inner oval I don't love in the radius.

As an aside the general consensus is the rp240ds sound better than the t301 but I don't really know.

I know it sounds like I'm purely looking at looks but I'm actually hugely into sound I just really like the general aesthetics of the room at the moment...

So quick update, I eventually managed to pick up a 3600 on the cheap (€550) on Amazon Italy. They're saying brand new but seems suspicious at that price. Coming at the end of the week

Need to get speakers now to test. Before the 30 days is up on a refund for Amazon.

So quick update, I eventually managed to pick up a 3600 on the cheap (€550) on Amazon Italy. They're saying brand new but seems suspicious at that price. Coming at the end of the week

Need to get speakers now to test. Before the 30 days is up on a refund for Amazon.

So Denon X3600H (2019)? Fine choice. What speakers are still on your list?

So Denon X3600H (2019)? Fine choice. What speakers are still on your list?
So, there was some really good suggestions here but I'm limited enough in getting stuff shipped to Ireland. That, the dimensions, and my dislike of rounded looking speakers has left me with a choice of 2* Kef t301 or 2* Klipsch RP-240ds as far as I can gather (open to other suggestions). Both have center and surround stuff available for further down the road.

I can get the rp240s for €520 or the t301s for €578.

All I know is that people seem to be underwhelmed by the t301s but I haven't seen many reviews of the to 240ds other than general reviews of the RP line which seem very favourable.

So after all that elimination I'm looking at the rp240s...

So, there was some really good suggestions here but I'm limited enough in getting stuff shipped to Ireland. That, the dimensions, and my dislike of rounded looking speakers has left me with a choice of 2* Kef t301 or 2* Klipsch RP-240ds as far as I can gather (open to other suggestions). Both have center and surround stuff available for further down the road.

I can get the rp240s for €520 or the t301s for €578.

All I know is that people seem to be underwhelmed by the t301s but I haven't seen many reviews of the to 240ds other than general reviews of the RP line which seem very favourable.

So after all that elimination I'm looking at the rp240s...

I think both would be quite similar in a way as they are so slim with such tiny drivers so they rely very much on quality subwoofer(s). You are paying more and getting less vs. bookshelf speakers though. But if you like brighter presentation then both should do the job while being compact and visually good looking. I would have still prefered something like Dali Oberon On-Wall (sadly no slim center channel) or perhaps used M&K MP7 if those pop up. XTZ Spirit 2 and 6 perhaps too.

I think both would be quite similar in a way as they are so slim with such tiny drivers so they rely very much on quality subwoofer(s). You are paying more and getting less vs. bookshelf speakers though. But if you like brighter presentation then both should do the job while being compact and visually good looking. I would have still prefered something like Dali Oberon On-Wall (sadly no slim center channel) or perhaps used M&K MP7 if those pop up. XTZ Spirit 2 and 6 perhaps too.

Yeah, certainly seems that way. Unfortunately that's a trade-off I have to make for low profile! Definitely have to run them with a decent sub(s) alright though! Center and a sub will be next on the list.

The M&K stuff looks great but doesn't seem to have a distributor in Ireland or anyone shipping there from the EU that I can find! Unfortunately then I'm limited to 157.5mm in width without going into the alcoves for L&R so the XTZs would be going over that.

Yeah, certainly seems that way. Unfortunately that's a trade-off I have to make for low profile! Definitely have to run them with a decent sub(s) alright though! Center and a sub will be next on the list.

The M&K stuff looks great but doesn't seem to have a distributor in Ireland or anyone shipping there from the EU that I can find! Unfortunately then I'm limited to 157.5mm in width without going into the alcoves for L&R so the XTZs would be going over that.

Fair enough. I`m wondering is Klipsch going to bring new low profile on-wall serie as they just seemed to introduce new RP range. If this is the case then you should get further discount from the range you looking, although i would be more intrested the new range if price stays similar. Send email to Klipsch and/or call to UK Klipsch distributor using the link below.

Fair enough. I`m wondering is Klipsch going to bring new low profile on-wall serie as they just seemed to introduce new RP range. If this is the case then you should get further discount from the range you looking, although i would be more intrested the new range if price stays similar. Send email to Klipsch and/or call to UK Klipsch distributor using the link below.

Yes, good shout, although there doesn't seem to be new on walls according to that. I'll give them an email though thanks.

There are a few options from Monitor Audio which have been mentioned although I didn't see the Soundframe being mentioned or the Kef T-Series. With any of these speaker you can any other manufacturers subwoofer. So, if you don't have one, maybe look to the SVS range as a good starter or maybe Rel who have a promotion running until the end of March 2022. Don't forget the Dali on-walls either
What's your take on the Klipsch RP 240s Shane? I see you sell them too.

I never really got a chance to hear the 240s surrounds, so it’s a little hard for me to comment

The newer version is the 204s do hold a similar spec ratio and are very received and if you already own a Klipsch speaker system, then these will compliment them to being a more exciting rear end

I never really got a chance to hear the 240s surrounds, so it’s a little hard for me to comment

The newer version is the 204s do hold a similar spec ratio and are very received and if you already own a Klipsch speaker system, then these will compliment them to being a more exciting rear end
Thanks for getting back to me. I was actually thinking of using these as on wall LCR due to their low profile. Obviously a sub would be a must! Probably use the 140ds as rear speakers then. Must check out the 204s!

Just checking we’re on about the same speakers @Shnig. Was you meant to mention the 240d and not 240s? The 204s/240s are more for surrounds and not LCR while the 240d will work as a front left and right and by adding the RP-440d (LCR) or maybe the R-30c centre should enable you to create a more balanced experience whilst keeping that low-profile look

Last edited:
Just checking we’re on about the same speakers. Was you meant to mention the 240d and not 240s? The 204s/240s are more for surrounds and not LCR while the 240d will work as a front left and right and by adding the RP-440d (LCR) or maybe the R-30c centre should enable you to create a more balanced experience whilst keeping that low-profile look
Apologies, I was creating confusion there. I was talking about the 240Ds alright, I didn't realise there was a 240s so I got lazy. It was the 240d I was asking if you had heard as fronts as there doesn't seem to be many reviews around, which worries me slightly.

Yes, I was thinking of 240D for L&R and also center or maybe the 640D for center (although the 640D would only be for aesthetics as it has the same number/sized active woofers as the 240D). I wasn't considering the 440D as a center as that's actually a soundbar.

The R-30c is a bit deep for me at 173mm as I'm wall mounting everything. The TV (LG G1) is only 21mm deep and the 240Ds will only be 61mm so trying to stay similar.

This was indeed suspicious. After a few days they tried to get me to pay via bank transfer. Luckily it was through Amazon so credit card got refunded.

FYI, for anyone looking for information on this topic in the future, two pieces of information:

1. Akustik-Projekt do great prices on the Klipsch RP 140D/240D/640D and you can arrange a courier pickup to get them to Ireland (apologies Shane, the import fees are too expensive since Brexit to buy from the UK).

2. The DLS Flatbox Series also look a good option for low profile on wall speakers, however the slim versions are still slightly too wide for my setup unfortunately.

So, had a good look at the new RP line. Unfortunately no new on walls!

Also, finally pulled the trigger on an avr. Had been waiting on the Xx800 line prices but the price jump was too big so ended up going with the X1700. I know I know not ideal but budgets and warranties and all that. Had been keeping my eye out for a good second hand option for a 3600 or 4500 but nothing really came my way. Looking at a sub next.

Sub wise going to go with the svs sb1000 I think. Unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Sub wise going to go with the svs sb1000 I think. Unless someone else has a better suggestion.

So you still need to buy the centre? You could look if there is RP-500C (mk1) available assuming you are buying av-unit below the tv for av-receiver and other units so the speaker could go on top of it. Preferably something taller so the speaker would go just below the tv. If that doesn`t work out then the RP-640D, but it looks to cost nearly 600€. There is now the new RP500C II available for less and just thinking how important speaker the centre is with movies, but your call. What ever you decide choose the RP not R.

If you specifically want something compact then the SB1000 Pro would make sense. AVForums advertisers often gives -10% discount for SVS products.

However if you crave bit more impact/rumble then the larger PB1000 (non Pro) variant can still be found at AV.com . Not sure do they ship to Ireland.

So I'm not looking at putting a unit under the TV. I'm looking at getting the RP 640d but I have found it for 400 on an Austrian site! (Plus about 40 to courier it over).

Yeah, av.com and shane are brilliant but unfortunately since Brexit I'd have to pay import duty on anything from Britain so that website is out.

Yeah, so looking at something compact alright so looking at the svs sb1000 or the Rel T5X. Any input from anyone on which is the better of them? Or anything else for that matter would be much appreciated cheers.

So I'm not looking at putting a unit under the TV. I'm looking at getting the RP 640d but I have found it for 400 on an Austrian site! (Plus about 40 to courier it over).

Yeah, av.com and shane are brilliant but unfortunately since Brexit I'd have to pay import duty on anything from Britain so that website is out.

Yeah, so looking at something compact alright so looking at the svs sb1000 or the Rel T5X. Any input from anyone on which is the better of them? Or anything else for that matter would be much appreciated cheers.

Well the REL HT/1205 is very compact, smaller than the sealed BKs! But the Ireland shop probably doesn`t have it anymore. :(

WxHxD (mm) 376 x 405 x 399

The T5x is definitely not something you want to consider. It`s a small hifi sub that costs way too much. SB1000 Pro is your best bet if size is critical! It`s the smallest sealed sub in the market with 12" driver and performance wise should suprise you if you get the placement right.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom