Low Profile Wall Mounted Speaker Recommendations Please

Put the order in mate! It´s time. 😎 Biggest single thing you can do to get closer to real cinema vibe. Just see the comments by 80" oled guys, they still miss the screen+projector combo! Acoustically transparent screen would be best so you don´t have to compromise center channel location and perhaps could go slightly larger screen too (if screen drops in front of mains too). Just need to be carefull with the projector so you find fairly silent one. The noise of my Benq drive me nuts, maybe it`s not issue in dedicated room but in apartment you can`t go balls to walls daily and esp late night so the fans can be heard. Just a heads up as you will be doing search for the right product. Bribe wife and get the ball rolling! 👍
All of the above is in hand @Gasp3621 - Don't panic! 😂😂😂.... fwiw (and I know this us off topic so apologies to OP) I'm looking at a 110" acoustically transparent screen. Just doing final research etc.

Don't apologise at all! I've learned a lot from the thread so thanks for all the help!

The Klipsch RP 240d (l&r) and the 640d (c) are angular enough I think so might be between them and the t series.

The m70 and m90 are lovely, they're probably just out of budget. Slightly concerned that they're 4ohm too. Might be hard to drive?

Don't apologise at all! I've learned a lot from the thread so thanks for all the help!

The Klipsch RP 240d (l&r) and the 640d (c) are angular enough I think so might be between them and the t series.

The m70 and m90 are lovely, they're probably just out of budget. Slightly concerned that they're 4ohm too. Might be hard to drive?
Klipsch over the T- series imo. Don't worry about the MK's being 4ohm. While harder to drive, the 4500 will be fine. I've got Dali Alteco C1's (heights) which are 4ohm and they're fine

X4500H won`t have issues as you probably aren´t even going to be listening at close to real cinema levels! Fun fact: AVForums editor ran M&K MP300 system (17,000£) with Marantz NR1509 which is 50w 2ch (X4500h is 125w 2ch) slim line 5.1 receiver up to -6db volume in 19x16x9 room without sounding strained or running out of steam. Sure 300s have higher sensitivity than M70 but also 4ohm nominal. Point being that most D&M units are 4ohm stable even the low cost ones and people are panicking bit too much about the 4ohm. Most people don`t even listen that loud in first place for it to be issue.

Quick update, someone picked up the 4500 a few days ago, before I got to it. Ah well.

So which speakers are you leaning toward?

For receiver new X3700H / SR6015 then?

On the lookout for a second hand 3600/4600 or equivalent from a different brand (any suggestions welcome). Either that or a new 1700/2700 under my current budget. So I'm leaning towards Klipsch RP 240s at the moment as out of all we have discussed they are what my local dealer has handy access to. Hi-fi/home cinema gear is a lot harder to source in Ireland since Brexit...

Another option. XTZ Spirit series. 3 x Spirit 6 or a 6 and a pair of 2's.

They are 20cm wide so will stick out a wee bit but very good value for money. XTZ are online only and have a 30 day buy and try policy. Pay using PayPal and they will cover the cost of return shipping (I think).

Would it be mental to suggest something like the Btech BT77 wall brackets mounted on the side of the chimney breast? Then turn them 90 degrees to face forward? You are diving yourself some proper bookshelf options now like the Monitor Audio Silver 50 or other similar size speakers. I'm looking at my BT77's here with the older Silver 50's (RX1) mounted and they should work.
No, wouldn't be mental at all but I don't think I'll be doing it. I'm quite happy with the look of the room so don't want the speakers dominating that area you know?

Another option. XTZ Spirit series. 3 x Spirit 6 or a 6 and a pair of 2's.

They are 20cm wide so will stick out a wee bit but very good value for money. XTZ are online only and have a 30 day buy and try policy. Pay using PayPal and they will cover the cost of return shipping (I think).
Thanks for that but they seem to be rear ported so wouldn't suit.

Another option could be the MK Sound M70 speaker if you are looking for something similar in shape to the A40 but not rounded. Not cheap either but dare I say it should be better.

Would be nice with the M90 for the center channel and the M50 or M40T surrounds. Could be a lovely system and available in black or white. Might work for the gf.

So they look great, but I can't find anyone shipping them to Ireland!

Pity Monitor Audio don’t do the Shadow Range any more as I have those. Obviously doesn’t help you now necessarily (unless you find used) but I did compare them to the T series and was left completely underwhelmed by those and I have traditionally been a Kef user. 77” for reference

0C4FDFAB-2C15-4612-B434-0AAF03A0E51F.jpeg

@Shnig - There's this Denon 6500 listed in the classfieds:

Not sure what postage to Cork would be/or even possible!

Problem is that UK is now outside of EU now so VAT @ 23% of the new price would be owed.

Do you need all the bells and whistles of a new AVR?

I think this is not a bad price especially if you can haggle down a bit more

Pair it with with one of these for your LR and another for center.

Pity Monitor Audio don’t do the Shadow Range any more as I have those. Obviously doesn’t help you now necessarily (unless you find used) but I did compare them to the T series and was left completely underwhelmed by those and I have traditionally been a Kef user. 77” for reference

View attachment 1675957
Yeah, that is a pity. They look great!

Thanks but a bit over my budget. Not looking to spend over 1k euros on the avr.

Problem is that UK is now outside of EU now so VAT @ 23% of the new price would be owed.
Yeah, exactly. It's an absolute pain buying niche products such as HT stuff in Ireland since Brexit!

Yeah, thanks for the links for the XTZ and you're right, they're made for wall mounting but making them rear ported in that setup doesn't make any sense to me. I have never seen rear ported on-wall speakers before. Doesn't really matter though, they're still too wide for the look I'm going for. Thanks though, they're well reviewed.

Do you need all the bells and whistles of a new AVR?

I think this is not a bad price especially if you can haggle down a bit more

Pair it with with one of these for your LR and another for center.
No, I definitely don't need all the bells and whistles of a brand new avr, I was going to buy an avr-x4500 during the week but was too slow pulling the trigger. I definitely want eARC which rules that setup out though.

As an aside I just found a great and reasonably priced international courier pickup service, any recommendations for EU mainland based home theater shops/websites?

Any advice on what avr you should pair with a set of Klipsch RP 240Ds? Thanks

Any of the low Denons would do as the RPs are easy to drive, but they are also expensive due to being US company.

You could consider MA Radius 225 (x3) over the Klipsches, perhaps slight discount possible when you buy three?

DLYGYnxXcAAaIWH

Shame you just missed good deal of Apexes, probably not as slim as you want though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom