Low Profile Wall Mounted Speaker Recommendations Please

So carpenter called around. Where I was planning on running wires it turns out there is some inaccessible slabs. Means it would be a much messier job than I originally thought. Will have to send back the in celling speakers.

Looking at front heights now instead. Looking to match the surrounds so looking at Klipsch RP-500SA II for around €600 for the pair. Seems slightly pricey though. Any alternative suggestions?

Absolutely worth it on the ceiling. The only issue about front heights is the angle being too low and then you can't make out any soud from above. It's a completely different experience than sound from above you as intended for 2 atmos.

If your sitting close to the front wall then sure give it a try.

The best way to figure out the angle is using sketchup that I've found. What's the ceiling height? Seating distance from front wall? and ear height?

I've done a sketchup and for 2.4m ceiling height. 1 meter ear height. You looking for 1.6 meters maximum distance from the front wall for front height.
2.7m height, I'm guessing that'll enable me to push the distance out to the mlp to 2.0m?

For 2 atmos speakers you ideally want them basically almost directly above you.
The front height angle I mentioned earlier is best suited when having 4 atmos speakers.

Having the higher angle at the same distance is rather beneficial.

It's fine not to use in ceiling but rather mount to the ceiling is perfectly acceptable.

I hope this helps!

For 2 atmos speakers you ideally want them basically almost directly above you.
The front height angle I mentioned earlier is best suited when having 4 atmos speakers.

Having the higher angle at the same distance is rather beneficial.

It's fine not to use in ceiling but rather mount to the ceiling is perfectly acceptable.

I hope this helps!
It does thanks. I'm considering putting the Atmos speakers in as side heights now. Somewhere around the purple spots where the celling meets the wall. Debating between that and front heights over the l&r.

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_103701.png
    IMG_20230301_103701.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 26
for the spacing of the atmos you also want 45-55 degrees elevation. and this comes down to distance from the side walls to the mlp. Your seated height and ceiling height it comes down to 1.7 meters away from the side wall to make it 45 degrees elevation.
it does sound like you are trying to make this difficult for yourself rather than prioritizing the home theater experience and speaker placements etc. if you focus on proper placements. over asthetics you will achieve a great experience. and you have potential to do so!

the goal here is to have good spacing of the speakers. dont go too far or too narrow in the spacing.
you are welcome to try it out. theres positive feedback where the atmos speakers are in the range i mention and quite often people are happier for it.

if you wish to learn more have a look at the dolby studio guidelines and focus on the angles from main listening position.

best of luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom