Question Low Output voltage of Yamaha v681??

Alphafighter

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using Yamaha v681 with svs PB1000.... i am barely getting and bass from it... if any, very minimal.... is this because of low output voltage of yamaha's receiver????

have anyone experienced this before? how can i solve it?

thank you...

i am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad now........... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

First things first. Check your settings. Are speakers set to small, and how have you configured the crossover?

yes, all speakers to small at 80hz, phase 0, lfe.....
reset receiver to initial settings, volume of sub turned from 11oclock to 2oclock now...

Could try a higher crossover, and increasing the level of the sub - either on the sub itself, or/and in the AVR speaker level settings.

Edit: First things first:

ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS Test your Sub Preout within your return policy window when it comes to Yamaha!

Yamaha has an issue as does Harman Kardon.

Edit: First things first:

ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS Test your Sub Preout within your return policy window when it comes to Yamaha!

Yamaha has an issue as does Harman Kardon.

do you mean that the machine that I have now is faulty, that I should go back and exchange with another V681? or this V681 model is like this?

do you mean that the machine that I have now is faulty, that I should go back and exchange with another V681? or this V681 model is like this?

Does the YPAO calibration detect the sub as being present and what subwoofer level does the calibration result in within the receiver's level settings?

Your expectation of what the sub's output should be may not necessarily be correct in respects to a correctly calibrated setup? If this is the case then it may simply require you to increase the sub level on the receiver in order to make the sub's presence more profound and for its output to better meet with your expectations? I'd do this via the OPTIONS settings as oppsed to changing the SUBWOOFER LEVEL setting within the LEVELS settings.

Something is wrong cause the YPAO gives +6db level for the sub. It should give rather -6db at normal situation. Playing subwoofer that hot the PB1000 should make the room rattle quite a bit..

I have talked with Alphafighter, we have tryed everything from the day he got he`s new sub/avr.. The YPAO mic is positioned fine tried couple placements, room is silent when doing it, he has triple checked that cables are in right places and pushed to bottom, speaker settings are right. As i understood the subwoofer sounds very low YPAO playing test tones.

And for @dante01; he`s small pc speaker sub sounds louder now than the PB1000, so there is really some problem.

AVSForum had a similar thread with many people having YPAO put sub +5 to higher numbers and still sub sounding like a whisper, so it just might be faulty avr that needs to be changed as has been the case with some people. These things happen to even Yamaha, just bad luck.

I saw a thread on avsforum

Help!! Almost no sound from SVS PB-1000 and Yamaha TSR 7810
Hi,
I'm a newbie so please bear with me. I've been getting almost no sound from a SVS PB-1000 hooked up to a Yamaha TSR 7810. Currently only the sub and a Martin Logan Motion 30 as a center channel are hooked up to the receiver. Tomorrow I have a pair of front Martin Logan SLM-XLs going on the wall. These are what my wife would accept cosmetically, so please don't judge. The room is 17' x 13' and the sub is basically in a corner.

The center channel works great, no issues there. Anyway, I have never been able to get more than the quietest amount of bass from the sub. I started by using all of the recommended settings from SVS and Yamaha - gain between 10-12:00, set to LFE and 0 degrees phase. The sub is connected from the red LFE IN on the back via a mediabridge sub cable to the receiver preout subwoofer #1. I have tried changing cables to RCA, changing to preout sub #2 , to the white LFE IN, and any and all combinations with no luck. When I set a bass heavy song on airplay and turn the sub up to the max gain and put my ear in front of it I can hear some very quiet bass. During this time, I move the phase knob from 0-180 degrees slowly, with no improvement.

I've tried the YPAO setup, but that doesn't work. All I have are a center and a sub so far, and the YPAO starts to test a front presence speaker, discovers there isn't one, then gives me an error. I can either retry, which brings up the same error, or exit which brings me back to the main menu. The receiver setup menu definitely has the sub as in use/active. Again, I can hear something, it's just so quiet as to be barely noticeable.

Does anyone have any idea? I'm about to return the sub. Wondering also if it's possible that the amp in the receiver for the sub may be broken somehow?
Thanks in advance!

and the solution is below

OK, finally got some joy. Connected iphone directly to sub, slowly turned up volume all the way on both iphone and sub and FINALLY got rumbles so loud I was compelled to turn it down. Went with a second cable from the receiver preamp out #2 to the white LFE IN. So now that is two cables from the receiver (preamp out #1 and #2 , to sub LFE IN red and white). My impression is that the 2nd cable definitely helps. Set speakers -6 db, sub +2 db. Bass enhancer ON.

Haven't played with it too much over the past few days because of work, but this is good enough that I don't feel the need to send it back. I didn't mention, the 17' x 13' room has a 26' high ceiling, so I don't know if that is part of the issue - just that much space to fill.

Thanks everyone for their replies. A little discouraged that it took this much work to get the equipment to play nice with each other, but as long as I'm happy (and no increased risk of burning out sub or receiver given the extra cables and +2 DB) I guess it's okay. Now, thinking of getting a couple of wireless speakers for the surround sound. There is a small overhang right over where the couches face the TV that would be perfect. Discussed with installers that did my front speakers, they said a wired option would be pretty expensive and very hard to fish cables that far. Anyone have any recommendations for wireless rear surrounds, ideally in ceiling? They would have to play nice with my yamaha receiver...

Thanks again!
==========

I followed the above solution and i am getting something from my sub now...

so now i have two questions...

1. do Yamaha receivers generally have low output voltage causing this problem or is it because the receiver i have now is defective?

2. If i connect just like the solution above, will it cause any damage to my sub or receiver?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
^ I wouldn`t keep faulty avr, doing some tricks to make it work. First i would get it tested at the shop with different sub and then with the warranty get new avr. No regrets later as it works like it should work.

Wow, new cable and it wasn`t the cheapest either.. Well great it works now! :thumbsup:

OK guys, my problem is solved now... at the end... it's my rca cable that's not working properly...

Thanks so much for all help

Always check the cables my friend, always always rule out the cables and connections before blaming or suspecting the components.

Hi..i am a new user here. As per my experience i will suggest to test your Sub Preout within your return policy window when it comes to Yamaha.It has an issue as does Harman Kardon.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom