low maintenance long record time solution

philloff

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to video recording. I am building a music recording studio and I want to offer clients a video recording service, so that whatever they record has a real time video equivalent to go with it.

For this to work out I need it to be super low maintenance for me. I need 3 camera angles that can be permanently trained on the recording area and constantly recording during the session; at the end of which I can hand over the files to the client or to a partner business who can turn it into a nicely edited asset for social media etc.

It can't be allowed to be a distraction from the music recording process, I just want to press record at the start of the session and stop at the end and all the files be there. a bit like cctv really but with quality. (it doesn't have to be super qual as likely to end up only being viewed on phones etc.)

I have started researching but my mind is boggling somewhat, everything I start looking at seems to have one thing that doesn't quite workout for what I need, be it max recording length battery time etc.

In my mind's eye it is like go pros, but without the fish eye lens, plugged in to the mains, streaming to an iPad.

Hoping someone here might have the answer,

thanks everybody,

I have just seen on GoPro you can switch the aspect to linear instead of wide angle which is a great start. And I have found the visiting solution but it is way too expensive I am hoping to come in under a grand!😂

Phil

Last edited:
Again I would suggest three camcorders and a video editor that handles muticam. Examples are at the bottom of my page. Corel VS Pro will handle four cams and would normally sync to the sound track.
You should take a Line Out from your recording kit, Attenuate the signal to Mic level and feed your lead camera. This will allow you to sync the video with the quality recording. I use a SESCOM (Movo) attenuator between the Line Out and the Mic socket.

Again I would suggest three camcorders and a video editor that handles muticam. Examples are at the bottom of my page. Corel VS Pro will handle four cams and would normally sync to the sound track.
You should take a Line Out from your recording kit, Attenuate the signal to Mic level and feed your lead camera. This will allow you to sync the video with the quality recording. I use a SESCOM (Movo) attenuator between the Line Out and the Mic socket.

Thanks so much Terfyn. I'm going to have a look at your page now😀

Panasonic HC-V700, HC-V 750 and HC-V800. Wimius P-28 projector. Panasonic DMP-BDT130 Blu-Ray player.
Corel VideoStudio X10, 2018 and 2019. Denver ACT-5030W

Panasonic HC-V700, HC-V 750 and HC-V800. Wimius P-28 projector. Panasonic DMP-BDT130 Blu-Ray player.
Corel VideoStudio X10, 2018 and 2019. Denver ACT-5030W
Thanks very much Terfyn

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom