lOW BATTERIES in keyboard

nunew33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
Jusr sat down to watch a recording of a sky program only to have a message slap bang in the middle of the screen urging me to replace batteries in keyboard through the whole of program. Isnt it nice of sky to build in this helpful feature!!!

Why it couldnt have been timed for 30 seconds or placed at the bottom of thescreen, is beyond me.

Agreed, I had to replace perfectly useable batteries in my SKY+ remotes when that little beauty of a software feature was included in the last update.

You can see a sandle wearing spotty geeky programmer pleased at his fantastic idea of pop up messaging for low batteries in remotes. Every time it pops up on his test rig, he will think "Wow it works, Im so cool".

When will software developers test their software on people who live in the real world.

Thats all very well, but useless when youve left it on a timed recording!!!!

Luckily, I haven't seen this yet, although I've had the same batteries in my remote for over a year.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that no new features should be added to the sky software without the option to turn it off! I'll replace my batteries when the remote stops working, and not before.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new sky cards, as there's rumours that we can disable many of the "features" in the software. Wouldn't it be great if Sky thought that the programming was the most important "feature" of their service, like I do? They seem to think that people pay £30+ a month for interactive services and onscreen graphics telling them their batteries are dead.

Its a shame their programmers cant think along the lines of:
What do people do?

They have lives, they go to work and go out.

So how do they watch their favourit programs?

The video them of course

What shal we do in response?

Not bother with a timer that switches the digibox on which is what all VCRs now expect to activate them and to make it worse well randomly put permanent messages on the screen. Of course we will offer Sky + where they wont have these problems at an additional fee.

Well done Sky, customer first again!!!!

It's not bad enough they are forcing people to upgrade to Sky+ by using onscreen garbage, now they are taking kickbacks from the battery companies and trying to convince people to change their batteries before they need to!
:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom