Low AV Cabinet under Wall Mounted TV

piyush1982

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a low sitting cabinet to house the amp, sky box, PS3 and Wii just below my wall mounted Samsung LED. A bit like a sideboard i guess.

Considering the popularity of mounting TVs on the wall, I'm surprised at the lack of availability of dedicated cabinets to sit under them.

I'm sure someone here has something cool set up in this way??
I found this:

Icon MODUS S5 Black | AV/TV Cabinet | Richer Sounds

Looks pretty cool, but there are no details whatsoever about how many shelves inside (seems like it might be 2), and what the back looks like. Ideally I'd like an open back for ventilation. Does anyone have this particular stand by any chance?

My current setup is shown in attached file.. I'm not looking to spend too much, will consider up to £300 but ideally closer to £200.

Please help???

Attachments

• IMG00264-20100207-1024.jpg
    IMG00264-20100207-1024.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 24,136
i am in exactily the same boat as you mate ,did you find anything else which you may buy? comon everyone help us both out lol
thanks

I designed and made these three to order. Don't want to break any forum advertising rules - only trying to help out as requested! :)

Haven't seen anything like them anywhere...

Attachments

• copy of dsc01884 cropped.jpg
    copy of dsc01884 cropped.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,056
  • copy of dsc01799 cropped.jpg
    copy of dsc01799 cropped.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,387
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 5,193
I am in the same boat too. I have been looking at BDI they are expensive but do look really good. if only i could find something like them at about 500 quid less.
Lj

Hi Laroldino
I am pretty sure I am allowed to suggest this after checking the forum rules.

Try googling "Bespoke AV Furniture". One of the makers could possibly make you want you want within your budget?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys,

I too had this same problem and i didnt want to spend silly money on something to hide all my equipment.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/uimages/ny/7.7drawer.jpg

I walked into ikea and picked one of these up, removed the legs and the backing and hey presto you have a low and long media unit, im currently housing the following equipment in the cabinet:

Denon AVR 1909 amp,
Sky+HD box
Xbox 360
Freecom Netwprk drive Pro
Acer revo HTPC
Router and home phone wireless hub thingy.

The amp was a tight fit but other than that theres plenty of room and enough space for heat dissapation.

I was dubious at first at getting my cabinet from ikea but for £90 (was on sale) you couldnt really go wrong.

If i get time i will post some pics (been meaning to do this since dec) as i have the same tv as you wall mounted too.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I am allowed to suggest this after checking the forum rules.

Try googling "Bespoke AV Furniture".

We don't allow any self promotion on this forum except by Assured Advertisers and even then they are only allowed to answer questions factually with no added hype.

There is a big difference between suggesting that people use Google to find what they want and suggesting a specific search term that you know will result in your company coming out top of the pile.

I have amended your search criteria to something more useful to forum members but less useful to you

I'm looking for a low sitting cabinet to house the amp, sky box, PS3 and Wii just below my wall mounted Samsung LED. A bit like a sideboard i guess.

Considering the popularity of mounting TVs on the wall, I'm surprised at the lack of availability of dedicated cabinets to sit under them.

Please help???

Hi Folks,

I am an AVF Assured advertiser (awaiting live status) and believe that as a custom cabinet builder I can help you out here. Until I'm actioned as live I will not post direct links, however another board member has reviewed one of our builds here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-stands-cabinets-seating-furniture/837184-custom-made-wooden-furniture-recommendation.html?highlight=solid+wood+interiors

and a link that will put you through to our site. You may find some of the designs that may assist with your search.

Also I have placed some information up on the boards with regard to considerations for cabinet building, that will also relate to assisting you to choose the right kind of cabinet for your system here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-stands-cabinets-seating-furniture/1200211-if-you-were-designing-your-own-cabinet.html

If I can be of any further help drop me a PM or email. Today I have completed a photo shoot of a new range that will be used in our AVF advertising banners that may fit the description that you have described. I hope to get them up on both our site and AVF in the next 7 to 10 days.

I hope that this helps

Kindest regards

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom