lovely advert

dennis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
just got to say that advert for clarkes shoes?with the little girl pretending to ride a horse to the tune*on white horses*.
absolutely charming,makes me smile every time.

I liked the one with the woman talking to friends when her husband walks into the room:

Woman: "We were just talking about wife swapping"
Husband: "Well I'm up for it if you are"
Woman: "We were saying how disgusting it is"

Can't remember what was being advertised though.

thats funny, would have liked to have seen that one.

I currently like the airwaves one with the little alien that comes to his senses after seeing into the future and experiencing life over here (getting squashed on the tube, eating takeaway at home rotting, and playing bingo on his own)

Saw an advert at the pics at the weekend,some sort of soft drink add,This guy was pushing a shopping trolley up some steep steps,He had a basket ball in the trolley,

Got to the top,and hooked up the shopping trolley to use as a hoop,that was a good idea...anyway,He had a shot,got the "hoop"....Then watched as the ball bounced down the steps.....
Thought that was funny

Can't remember the soft drink.....So,the add worked then....:D

I think the shopping trolley and basket ball one was a beer ad although I could be completely wrong. Cool ad though but clearly did not work very well.:D

I'm by no means an old fuddy-duddy (despite the sign in name :D ), but am I the only person to hate the new Lynx "Manwash" advert... It's completely pointless, and just that little step too far..

I think the last advert I saw that genuinely attracted my attention was the Guiness "evolution" one. :thumbsup:

colinwheeler said:
I think the shopping trolley and basket ball one was a beer ad although I could be completely wrong. Cool ad though but clearly did not work very well.:D

Yeah,may have been beer..:confused:

I like that bleach advert with the monster singing "im going to make them puke" to the sound of the London bridge is falling down, cant think of which brand it is though, so again the advertising fails. :D

OldAndSenile said:
I'm by no means an old fuddy-duddy (despite the sign in name :D ), but am I the only person to hate the new Lynx "Manwash" advert... It's completely pointless, and just that little step too far..

I think the last advert I saw that genuinely attracted my attention was the Guiness "evolution" one. :thumbsup:

Is that the one where the bloke walks around naked? If so thats a particular favourite amongst the ladies of our house :rolleyes:

"They're gonna taste great, they're gonna taste great!" aaaaargggggggghhhhh!!

The best ad on Sat TV is a Sky one with the 2 darts players on split screen but they're actually standing right next to the board

On the advert where the guy walks into the club naked and towel flicks someone
on the backside, anyone know what the music is?

with all the worth while stuff available on-line now, I stopped watching TV ages ago, which means I get to miss all those great adverts...:rolleyes: really use to be annoyed by how the volume seemed to go up 40% when the adverts came on...:nono:

Personally I love the new aquatis (sic?) washing machine advert with the clothes in the machine becoming fish on a reef - very clever - very nicely done

:thumbsup:

I like the Honda advert - 'impossible dream' with the bloke working his way through riding/driving the vehicles - reminds me somehow of the old cinema adverts from the 70's.

I love the new ad for Barclays on sky. The one with Rory McGrath >squeezing< into Henry's kit. Made me laugh :rotfl:

Joe Pineapples said:
I like the Honda advert - 'impossible dream' with the bloke working his way through riding/driving the vehicles - reminds me somehow of the old cinema adverts from the 70's.

me too,but why choose that scruffy old hippy to do it?.
when they could have had me for nuffink!:D

Joe Pineapples said:

That's a great advert. Liked how they digitally altered it during the world cup so that each country (that you viewed it in) had their colours on the balloon and his helmet at the end.

Clever.

I like the honda ones where each bit of engine works a domino effect to the next and the next ending with the car. Very very clever.

I like the talk talk ones with the people making shapes from an aeriel point of view.

I like the Coke ad at the mo where there is a little world inside a coke machine. I wish they still did Coke in glass bottles like that. It tasted so much better !!!

I like the darts one which has already been mentioned but I have no idea what it is advertising !!

and.. I like the coke ads at Christmas because they put them on from about mid november and it gets me in the mood for Christmas !!

There are still some great adverts out there but none really stick in your head like some that were on way back in the 70's and 80's. Little jingles and things that I could still recite. Now THAT is advertising !!

Remember the beanz meanz heniz ads, or the smash alien creatures, a finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat, a finger of fudge is just enough until it's time to eat, it's full of Cadbury's goodness ( erm... they'd get sued for that now) but very small and neat. A finger of fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat !! OK.. it's too early for this.. !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom