• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lovefilm streaming still not worth it?

digitalsafari

I first tried Lovefilm streaming back in 2011 and thought it was quite weak but hoped with their take over by Amazon we might see it become equal to Amazon Prime Video in the US.

April 2013 and it still has an awful slow interface, no 1080p and with no HD at all on the PS3.

Am I missing some great content that would make Lovefilm streaming worth keeping? - I also have Netflix.

J

Last edited:

ozsat

To me:
Lovefilm has the quantity without the quality
Netflix has the quality without the quantity

dsw

ozsat said:
to me:
netflix has the quality without the quantity

+1

figrin_dan

To me:
Netflix has the quality without the quantity
Sounds about right. My brother likened Netflix to Betamax rentals in the 80's.

figrin_dan

Can you get US netflix on a smart tv?

Jonesthegas

Can you access Netflix US on a OPPO 103?

Martin

smackos

The Ps3 interface has just today been updated to match the U.S Amazon Instant service UI. Still no 1080p but I use Amazon Instant itself and can say that it allows 720p and 5.1 audio, so we should start seeing that kind of material hit the service now. The Amazon Instant UI is far superior to the awful effort that LoveFilm managed on their own with the PS3.

Last edited:

smackos

Massive improvement to the old UI.

However audio locked into 7.1 MPCM mode.

Not suprised really on the audio front. I noticed whilst browsing the updated service that none of the content thus far has the little blue squared 5.1 flags that Amazon Instant use to denote surround sound. I guess for now at least we're still stuck with 3rd rate audio, at least the picture quality and UI are getting there.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom