Lovefilm HD help needed

Pinky Floyd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had netflix, no bother in HD and looked great.

Streams over the wireless network to the 360 with no bother, 3 full bars on the wi fi indicator.

Have a trial for lovefilm but the SD/HD icon stays firmly stuck on SD despite definitely watching HD content.

Anyone else got lovefilm on their 360 could share their experience and advice?

Thanks!

Had netflix, no bother in HD and looked great.

Streams over the wireless network to the 360 with no bother, 3 full bars on the wi fi indicator.

Have a trial for lovefilm but the SD/HD icon stays firmly stuck on SD despite definitely watching HD content.

Anyone else got lovefilm on their 360 could share their experience and advice?

Thanks!

I have Lovefilm via the xbox and it's the same for me.

As you say, the content i am watching is HD but the little icon top left says SD and never changes, got 20mb Fibre optic and i know i am getting the full 20mb etc.

Not sure why it is, be good to find out why, some of the content does look very good though, but it would be nice to know if you are watching Hd or not.

Aaron

I think you log into your account on the PC and select what picture quality you want

think its 3 choices

Sorry is this to the OP? Guessing it is. :blush:

If you are experiencing the problem too then both , I'm on virgin broadband (was on 50Mb cut it down to 10Mb)

Anyway noticed a lot of buffering with YouTube, lovefilm and the other video apps so logged into the router and enabled multicast streaming voila buffering gone and hd smooth as a newly shaved head :D

If you are experiencing the problem too then both , I'm on virgin broadband (was on 50Mb cut it down to 10Mb)

Anyway noticed a lot of buffering with YouTube, lovefilm and the other video apps so logged into the router and enabled multicast streaming voila buffering gone and hd smooth as a newly shaved head :D

This under the security/firewall tab on the superhub page?

On mine Multicast pass through was greyed out but the box was checked, but now i have checked the firewall box at the top of the page which says

- Enable/Disable the Super Hub's firewall.

So guessing the firewall was off as standard? Which i find strange.

Aaron

Agh I'm not on the super hub mate I binned it I've got a dlink router, I'd keep the firewall enabled just to be safe , if it lets you enable multicast and you should be good to go :)

Agh I'm not on the super hub mate I binned it I've got a dlink router, I'd keep the firewall enabled just to be safe , if it lets you enable multicast and you should be good to go :)

Ok mate,

It looked like it was disabled out of the box, which i wasn't aware of. I have now turned it on and enabled Multicast. Will try Lovefilm in a bit with a hd film and report back.

Thanks again.

Aaron

Sorry it's been a while.

Just started watching prison break, which is definitely in HD and it still says SD, admittedly it doesn't look bad, but it doesn't really look HD either.

Anyone got any answers for why i and Pink Floyd can't get HD to stream?

I am definitely getting 20mb consistently so it's not a speed issue.

Thanks,

Aaron

Ok, emailed lovefilm support and got this response. -

"Thank you for your recent email.

I would like to inform you that when you are streaming in HD quality,
and then pauses the playback, the control bar that appears at the top of
the screen (with the playback controls and progress bar) will display
the SD quality icon incorrectly.

This is just a display issue, however you will still be able to stream
in HD, but this could obviously cause confusion.

Our technical team is aware of this issue and they are investigating to
get the issue resolved, however we do not have an estimated time when
this will be resolved.

We will let you know as soon as this has been fixed which will be
intimated by an email and also will be updated on the webpage."

Aaron

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom