Lovefilm gone, onto Cinema Paradiso!

Absolutely, can't fault the choice in general. I'm the same, got quite a few 4K's in my list, the rest I've fancied watching I've bought.

How long does it take to get 4K/UHD releases from them?

Doing a search suggests they have a large library now, bit not sure how long to wait per disc, or how many to put on priority before you receive?

Doing a search suggests they have a large library now, bit not sure how long to wait per disc, or how many to put on priority before you receive?
It varies by release, and depends on popularity and where you are in the queue. I've received some during the week they were added, others I'm still waiting for weeks afterwards.

Somebody posted a method to improve your chances by maintaining different lists and prioritising the ones you wanted most, have a look through this thread. Not tried it myself as happy to receive anything on my main list.

My main list is all 4K at the moment. I get 2 UHD's the day after I return the previous ones.

Very slow this week - both sending and receiving. Not sure if it's RM or CP...….and what's with these new envelopes? They seem very cheap and flimsy.

I've noticed the envelopes have changed. They seem to have moved from coated to un-coated paper - not sure of the reasons.

I was expecting a delivery this morning (returned my last lot in Monday's post). To be fair this is the first time it's happened.

Uncoated? That's put me off.

Yes I noticed these paper envelopes - started a week or so back. Also have a little gap along the back - ?

One seller here puts Blu-ray discs in plastic sleeves plus the main packaging so I mentioned it in the thread, it makes a difference.

I think they may have been designed with RM machinery in mind. Wonder if they are more grippy when being pulled down the lines?

Uncoated? That's put me off.

Coated paper is not really any more protective or waterproof than uncoated paper. It just refers to the finish. A leaflet is usually coated (either gloss, silk, satin or matt). A letterhead or envelope is usually uncoated. You can tell by the feel.

Uncoated stock is cheaper than coated. A sheet of 100gsm uncoated is also thicker than a sheet of 100gsm coated.

Lamination (gloss or matt) would provide protection and a level of moisture protection but the original envelopes weren't laminated.

Very slow this week - both sending and receiving. Not sure if it's RM or CP...….and what's with these new envelopes? They seem very cheap and flimsy.
I've been experiencing 24 hour delays on returns over the past few weeks, but generally receive the new disc the day after, with just the odd 24 hour delay. However, they have not yet received a disc after 2 days so starting to wonder if something is up. I'll wait until tomorrow to see if they have received it before reporting it as lost though.

Maybe a recycling thing? Think how many of these envelopes they go through a week.

Maybe a recycling thing? Think how many of these envelopes they go through a week.

The previous envelopes would recycle just fine. I suspect it's simply because the new ones are cheaper to produce.

The alternative is that the new ones might be printed on recycled paper (which is more expensive) so less likely.

I've been experiencing 24 hour delays on returns over the past few weeks, but generally receive the new disc the day after, with just the odd 24 hour delay. However, they have not yet received a disc after 2 days so starting to wonder if something is up. I'll wait until tomorrow to see if they have received it before reporting it as lost though.

They posted 2 to me on Friday which I haven't received yet and I posted 2 on Monday that they have haven't received yet!

I wonder if they have subcontracted work out.

My gut feeling is that Royal Mail are providing their usual poor service. Maybe loads of people on holiday?

No real problems here - the odd +1 day delivery.

Little tip for anyone using Cinema Paradiso's 'unlimited rentals' package.

It used to really annoy he that I'd return discs and it'd frequently take several days before my next batch were sent out.

So, what I do now is - regardless of whether ive returned them or not - three days after the discs were posted i go into the 'help' section and click on the FAQ which says "ive returned my discs but you haven't updated my list" and report my discs. Within an hour my rental list is 'awaiting allocation' and I usually get two more rentals the next day.

As I say, I could NEVER manage to get more than two discs a week usually. This little tip has changed that...

Now it does FINALLY feel 'unlimited', as it should be...

Is there a way to view all of the 4K titles that they have available for rent? I can't find any obvious menu on their website.

Is there a way to view all of the 4K titles that they have available for rent? I can't find any obvious menu on their website.
Not that I can see, although it would be really handy to be able to filter by format - I would also like to filter out all DVD titles.

You can enter 4K in the search box and that does list the 4K discs, but it's not perfect as non-4K discs are shown too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom