LOVEFILM - Coming Soon...?

braggit13

Standard Member
Reaction score
Any word from anyone out there on when LOVEFILM streaming will finally be available via the LG Blu-ray players?

I have a BD670 and after updating the software mid-December the LOVEFILM icon appeared in the Premium Apps section but it just says 'Coming soon' when you access it...

We will be making an announcement across our Social Media shortly about the release date. watch this space. :thumbsup:

Will LG be making Netflix UK available on TV's via NetCast?

We will be making an announcement across our Social Media shortly about the release date. watch this space. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info but seems they beat you to it! Checked last night and the Apps were updated and now have LOVEFiLM working! :D Netflix is there too...

I've got lovefilm on my 32LV550T working which is good; can't find the netflix app though? Presumably that appears on premium too?

I've got: iplayer, lovefilm, playjam, picturebox, museum, ace irax, skype, cnn, HIT, picasa
youtube, blinkbox, redbull, cinetrailer, itn, autocar, twitter, facebook, stuff, iconcerts

Thanks

I just purchased an LG BD660 Blu-Ray player and I cant see LOVEFILM or NetFlix on my Netcast screen. Could anyone help me out?

I also see people mentioning premium apps, how do I get to that?

I have exactly the same problem - bought the LG660 yesterday (at Currys, after being told specifically I would be able to access LoveFilm), but I can't access the Premium icon (I have a NetCast icon instead), nor can I see the LoveFilm icon. I'm running what the system says are the most up to date versions of software and firmware (BD6.030.00 and H10LGN0606).

There's a more recent update listed under the support pages for the BD670 (but which also includes the BC660 in the list of supported devices). I may try to upgrade to this using the USB pen, but I'm a little hesitant as it doesn't automatically show in the upgrade menu, nor under the BD660 support page.

It's probably going back today, as I bought it because I was told it plays LoveFilm. I'll get the Sony S380 instead.

Thats exactly what I did with my LG, returned it to Currys the next day and bought a Sony. The Sony doesnt have Netflix yet, but it does have Lovefilm.

I have to say I am well disappointed with LG... have a BD660 and still no love film... software updates are appallingly slow!

Called LG and eventually got through to someone and got told... go to the website for updates.... they had no idea (or interest for that matter) in what I was asking about... all I wanted to know is.... will it be included in a software update and if so when...?

I guess its time to take it back to curry's and change it!

Shame really as I like my LG TV..... which does have Love Film!!

I have to say I am well disappointed with LG... have a BD660 and still no love film... software updates are appallingly slow!

Called LG and eventually got through to someone and got told... go to the website for updates.... they had no idea (or interest for that matter) in what I was asking about... all I wanted to know is.... will it be included in a software update and if so when...?

I guess its time to take it back to curry's and change it!

Shame really as I like my LG TV..... which does have Love Film!!

LG have been pretty good with the updates on their smart TV's but less so on their Bluray players. Two reasons for this. 1. Less revenue in a Bluray player, 2. The hardware power in the bluray players is quite weak compared to the TVs, they are limited to what they can update and add compared to the TVs.

Its a shame they haven't pulled their fingers out though with things such as ITV player, Channel five on demand and 4 OD.

I have purchased an LG 32ls570t at the end of April 2012
I asked the shop (Richer Sounds) if it had lovefilm enabled and I was told yes it has and would run embedded videos.
However, when I connected it all up I found that there was no lovefilm etc etc anywhere.
The flash player is incompatable for imbedded videos and there is no silverlight installed so that
channel 4 od, itvplayer and channel5 wiil not work if selected via its rather clunky broweser.
I was unable to do an automatic firmwareupdate even though there was nothing wrong with the network connections.
The LG website contained an upgrade but the associated pdf document was 0kb.
I contacted LG on the 0844 number to be informed that LG had removed the lovefilm app and I quote "should have read the small print before I purchased it"
Needless to say it is going back and I will be buying a sony which was my original choice.
My advise is dont by an LG TV smart or otherwise if you want to stream content to it from a conetnt provider over the internet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom