Lovefilm/CD-WOW DVD Rental - 3 month's free subscription - what's going on?

Vorix

I cancelled my subscription to these guys a year ago. However, they sent me an offer of 3 months free subscription if I reactivated my account, which I did on Thursday. I've been checking but they still haven't shipped any DVD's from my list - is this all a big wind-up? How long does it take to get things moving again? Has anyone else receive this offer and tried reactivating their account?

A year ago I know some people had problems but generally I found them pretty reliable - what are people's opinions now?

enablerbro1

Could just be the time of year. It only occurs every year, no reason to assume businesses would know this and ramp up their service, including the Royal Mail.

pjclark1

Novice Member
I took the 3 months free offer too.
I'm getting about 3 dvds a week (for the last two weeks)

Vorix

OK - thanks for the responses - you're probably right and it's just that time of year. Should have thought of this and saved the renewal until the new year. :rolleyes:

pjclark1

Novice Member
You could always suspend your account for a 2 week holiday.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I had one of these 3 month offers sent to me in the post. First two discs arrived yesterday morning. :smashin:

Sandy13

Speak as you find, and I found this company to be the pits. I took up a four week free trial period to expire on 1/11/06, I cancelled on 26/10/06 from their site by Email, and even though they admit my message was received, it was not read, so they say, until the 1st, so I was charged £9.99, which I have failed to get refunded.

dobobobo

Standard Member
Speak as you find, and I found this company to be the pits. I took up a four week free trial period to expire on 1/11/06, I cancelled on 26/10/06 from their site by Email, and even though they admit my message was received, it was not read, so they say, until the 1st, so I was charged £9.99, which I have failed to get refunded.
As much as i hate LoveFilm you can't blame them for trying a neat trick. Think of how many people sign up to these offers only to cancel their subscription as the free trial end is nigh. They're bound to make (not all the time) a charge to cover the expense of postage.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Easiest thing to do is cancel by phone. Thats what I did last time and what I will do this time when my current 3 month trial runs out.

Y15HAL

I have signed up at the end of december, i think 27th, and am yet to receive any dvds! :eek: I know the holiday season is over, but i would have expected my discs here by now! Not very happy! :mad:

philbam

Novice Member
I have signed up at the end of december, i think 27th, and am yet to receive any dvds! :eek: I know the holiday season is over, but i would have expected my discs here by now! Not very happy! :mad:
I too signed up on the 27th December and received my first three discs on 3rd January. I did email them saying nothing had been allocated in the first three days and low and behold an allocation was made within the hour.
I actually sent my three discs back on 4th January;they received them yesterday (5th January) and reallocated 2 more for me yesterday as well.
Good service so far!

Indiana Jones

I got two 3 months free rental vouchers off my brother for xmas, thought he was being decent until the day after boxing day when I recieved the exact same vouchers in the post :rolleyes:

Anyway I signed up and selected about 15 films and about 2 days later I recieved the first 2, sent them back afew days ago so hoping more will turn up next week.

amavadia

is the 3 month trail no obligation or do you have to carry on after and pay the subscription?

amavadia

and also, can you only use the promotion on 2 discs at a time or any of the packages?

Indiana Jones

As long as you cancel your membership before the 3 months are up it wont cost you a penny and I think the vouchers are for any other their services.

sapper44

Have been with these for a good while.Paid up front for extra 6 months get for the price of 5.I get 3 dvds a weak.They are ok if you like the old titles i'v put lots of new stuff in my wish list but they always send me the older titles.I will be cancelling my sub after six months.

amavadia

can someone give me a code for the 3 months free trial please

Ianfromnotts

Of course dont leave the cancellation until too late because they will not accept the cancellation until they receive all the outstanding films back, wont accept films back on saturdays etc etc and to me appear to do everything they can to charge you for another month.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom