• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LOVEFiLM brings HD Streaming to PS3. At last.

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Plus some other enhancements

LOVEFiLM has today announced the launch of its new and enhanced LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application for various internet-connected devices, with the highlight for PS3 owners being that HD video streaming is now go.

We've been waiting a long time for this to happen and now users in the UK and Germany can finally get a picture worth watching through the console.

Other new features include an improved search function and recommendation engine and an 'optimised' user interface for better browsing.

attachment.php

Planning what to watch has also been made easier with the addition of the Watchlist feature, allowing members to create an unlimited streaming playlist that can be accessed anytime.

Simon Morris, Chief Marketing Officer at LOVEFiLM, said:
"With the new and improved LOVEFiLM Instant app launching on PS3 we continue to offer our members a market-leading viewing experience. The improved search engine, user interface and other improvements make discovering new content easier than ever before, whilst the addition of popular features such as the Watchlist allow members to plan their viewing around their busy schedules."

Attachments

• lf.jpg
    lf.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 439

jimmyjamesh

This is great but sound still poor, when i connect ps3 to onkyo amp it switches to multich and only left and right speakers work, never works in prologic?

marctwo

I have the same issue with my Yamaha amp. I have my PS3 set to Linear PCM output which means the PS3 does the decoding. Even though the amp shows all channels active, I only get a stereo signal. I could probably force the amp to Pro Logic but it's a pain. Shame Lovefilm don't support surround (yet).

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom