1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love my Panny 5

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ivodanoesastro, Sep 9, 2003.

1. ivodanoesastro

ivodanoesastro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my Panny 5 42 inch ( with the tuner PT600) about 2 months ago with a great discount because it was being replaced by the 6.
    Connected it to my Onkyo 797, Toshiba 520, Philips 963SA and XBOX all in progressive scan. The picture was stunning.
    TV via regular cable ( here in Holland ) was a disappointment. Lots of noise and flickering. But an upgrade to digital TV got rid of that all. TV picture is razor sharp. Noise is almost gone, but that is because the broadcast quality is still inferior to DVD. Flickering is now non-existent.
    At first I was in doubt about buying the 5 or the 6. But bearing in mind the price difference and the stunning quality I have now, I don't regret it a bit. This one will please us for years to come.
    ( That is if the kids will not destroy it ).
    With the money I saved I am planning to buy the new Philips RU970. Also a stunning piece of technology.
    Hope every 5 owner out there can share the joy.

2. Damox

Damox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. just ordered NexNix's last Panny Series 5 42" :D

Looking forward to it being delivered next week..

Also just got/soon my other HT items:-
    Harman Kardon DVD25 Prog Scan (with profigold Component)
    Harman Kardon AVR5550 Amp/Receiver (geting next week)
    Infinity Oreus HCS 5.1 (getting 2 other speakers when available as seperates end of Sep 03)

Also a IXOs Coaxial Audio Cable

Will be used just for DVD's :D Woohoo it'll beat me watching on my 19" PC LCD screen..

Can't wait..

Hey ivodanoesastro

Have you got it setup for Progressive Scan and if so is there a difference?

3. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Well it's nearly one year on since i bought my Panny "5".

If you do a search for my Plasma posts, you will read how happy i was when i first bought it.

So what do i think of it nearly a year on?

Stunning!

My normal practice for goods i buy, is to love them for a few weeks and then start regretting the decision when i start uncovering faults etc.

Well i have noticed one or two things that weren't noticed for a few months.(Most people would never even see them)
    They are very minor things, so i won't mention them here as it will no doubt make you look for them.

Other than that, i still stand by my original statement that it is the best thing i have ever bought in my life.

I am still amazed by the picture quality and detail level on offer from good DVDs.

Although SKY Digital can still painful with it's poor bitrate channels, every now and again they broadcast some programs with amazing clarity.

My screen has suffered "ZERO" screenburn, even with plenty of XBOX action.
    In fact i no longer worry about SKYs red dot anymore.
    I have been very ill for the last three months, and had the Plasma on for 18 hours a day normally left on Sky one.Since i was so ill, not once did i press back-up to get rid of the Dot.
    Yet on checking my panel (once i was better!) with AVIA, not a trace of any burn! (phew)

ENJOY!!!:smashin:

4. rtoonen

rtoonen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to ivodanoesastro:

I own a Panny 5 since feb. I really love this piece of technology. Can you tell me which digital TV you use (Digitenne, UPC), because normal cable reception (UPC in Amsterdam) is not that good...

gr,

Rob

5. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    fulabeer,
    Exactly - same here with my Panny 5 mate. I remember reading your posts leading up to my purchase :D

Neil.

6. Damox

Damox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woot.. I just received my first Plasma a Panasonic Series 5 42".. Can't wait to get it on the wall..

LAst one also from Nexnix - cool..

7. RossC

RossC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Damox

Good luck with the 5 series - nice choice of amp too - rare to find any HK users on here. I'm contemplating one at the moment, just want to see what the Arcam AVR300 is going to be like (didn't like the 200). THought the AVR5550 was a much nicer sound than the Pioneer 2011, and streets ahead with music.

8. Damox

Damox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea noticed that.. No one seems to talk about HK - even those awesome looking/sounding speakers are from Harman

There's meant to be separate speakers available soon so i can use the 7.1 full.. :)

I seem to have all 5 star (mag ratings) items.. and the DVD player is a joy.. can't complain, can't complain at all.

9. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've got HK in the M3 and its not bad.