• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Love my Nexus .. BUT....

tonycommander

ok, have jumped ship from Iphone to Nexus and am wondering why it took so long to do it!

But, two things are doing my head in atm!

First - when on standby it keeps vibrating in the middle of the night when i get a weather update, facebook update, or any sort of update... how can i keep it quite and stop it vibrating!!

Secondly - when it's bluetooth linked to my parrot kit in the car - is there any way to keep the handset from going blackscreen? id like to keep the lock screen on, but only when bluetoothed.... or maybe charging?

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Point 1, the 2 options are turn off your network at night so it can't update or if you use the power widget you can disable app refreshing using it.

As for point 2, why do you want it to stay on? I think there's an option to do it in developer options if you are charging the phone

tonycommander

thanks for option 1 chap - will have a look at that!

option 2... might just be me being dim but....

when driving and it goes into standby - i have to hit the power button to un-snooze it, and then swish the screen to allow me to then go into the phone to make call...

it would be easier, if when bluetooth connected all i needed to do was swish the screen and make the call... i guess i could increase the time it takes to go to sleep...

or, stop being lazy and look at voice activated dialling too.. ;-)

Michealtbh

ok, have jumped ship from Iphone to Nexus and am wondering why it took so long to do it!

But, two things are doing my head in atm!

First - when on standby it keeps vibrating in the middle of the night when i get a weather update, facebook update, or any sort of update... how can i keep it quite and stop it vibrating!!

Secondly - when it's bluetooth linked to my parrot kit in the car - is there any way to keep the handset from going blackscreen? id like to keep the lock screen on, but only when bluetoothed.... or maybe charging?

1 - go through individual app settings and disable notifications, or switch off data and wifi at night as mentioned before

2 - You could use an app like Tasker, Llama or AutomateIt to set your screen timeout to 1 hour or so when bluetooth/power is connected. These apps would help you with your first point too, you can program your phone to enable silent mode during certain hours. I personally use Tasker, it has a steep learning curve but is incredibly powerful

butleri

Either put the phone on 'silent' at night (long press the power button to bring up the option) or use an app to do it automatically at set times (such as 'Silence')

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom