1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love Denon - but not sure

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stallanzii, Feb 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. stallanzii

stallanzii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am on the verge of being very confused... here is the SP

About to buy the Panasonic TH42PE30 TV...

Already own a Logic DVD (4yrs old - but works fine & looks nice etc)

Want to get a surround sound thing going on.... love Denon amps (from as far back as the 80's) but unsure whether to get a pure surrround sound type system & Sky plus or to get the Panasonic 1500 cineme system with DVDR & HDD, therefore not needing the old DVD anymore or Sky plus really...

I know this is like how long is a pience of string, but what I am asking is this - are the home cinema systems as good at producing the sound of a pure audio surround sound system? & if so, which ones?? (Budget around £600)

hoping this makes sense...

Many Thnks in advance for any advice.

Stallanzii

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Would you be wanting an av amp and 5.1 speakers for the £600 then? What type of speaker swould you want, small or floorstanders?

3. stallanzii

stallanzii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    speakers - unsure - i would love satelite speakers but have heard nothing but bad things... is there much of a difference between floor / wall in quality etc?

as for amp, i love denon for the bass rather than anything too technical...

not very helpful i know, but just looking for a bit of guidance really

4. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have the Denon2805 amp, it is very good I also have the MS premier sat speakers and to be honest the 2 go very well and sound very good.
    you can get the amp for around £520 and the speakers for around £400
    Maybe cheaper if you look in net

Will the system be for HT or music mainly as this may change the requiremnt

5. stallanzii

stallanzii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both to be honest...
    but i will have a separate separate system in another room for music, so mainly TV / DVD I s'pose...

I just am going on the notion that why should i fork out for a dvd recorder when i already have a dvd and can get sky plus so i think spend the cash ona rally good amp & speakers rather than 'integrate'. I just always prefer seperates out of habit and for quality perception

6. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Is the Panny Plasma HDCP compliant? Make sure you check that before buying it, or you will not be able to feed it Sky's High Definition stuff next year.

7. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Well if DVDs TV is probably main use sats should be fine, My room is about 16feet by 14 and sats sound plenty loud and clear enough.

No the panny isnt HD but then why worry, sky havnt announced what they will doing next year so chances are you will not be ready unless you wait till next to find out what they do.

There are plenty of viera owners on here and to be honest the HD sky will probably mean £200+ for new box, further subscription and probably all for one channel
    My view on this is sky will probably be in a better position with HDTV in about 5 years, we will all be looking for new TVs by then anyway.