Lounge set up that doesn't look like a conference room?

flamenco

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using my Optoma HD projector onto a portable screen in the lounge. The projector sits on a low coffee table close to our knees when sitting on the sofa. I would like to move it up onto a platform or other mount above and behind our heads but my OH says it will make the room look a meeting room in a conference centre. I can't find the answer to my question:

Is there an inexpensive way of mounting a projector on a wall or from a ceiling which disguises it or hides it?

Apologies if this is answered but I can't find it.

What are you projecting on to, as the distance from the projector to the image will increase the image size ?

I use a portable screen which hides behind the door when not in use. The project hides under the couch. When being used I put the projector on a small table. I would prefer to have it higher and behind but can only find ceiling pole fittings which are vetoed by Mrs Flamenco as making the room look like a conference centre. So how can I put the projector on a mounting which disguises it?

Many people purchase or make a box to house the projector in teh same style as the roof or at least make it less obtrusive.

How high is the ceiling ?

Also as stated earlier if you have a projector screen then if you move the projector further back then the image may well overspill the screen.

Optoma projectors aren't the biggest. Do a high level book shelf all along the back wall and sit the projector in the middle of it with books filling out the rest of the shelf. Could even make a custom fake book front with a circular hole for the lens. Not hard to do at all, just get power and signal cables up there. But follow advice above, when you move the projector back the image will get a lot bigger. You also need to consider with Optoma's massive offset that the projector will need to be upside down when mounted high up

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom