Loudspeaker replacement tdl rtl3

nylonsyorks

Hello all. I fully intend to have a listen to several floorstanders, but I would appreciate a general opinion from other users.

I currently use my pc as my source, via asus xonar essence stx sound card, to my denon av3850 dolby digital receiver, and loudspeakers are my old tdl rtl 3, I love these speakers, theyve served me well for many years, but the cracks are appearing, (literally).

I've replaced bits and bats on my tdls over the years, but on inspection the cabinets are showing signs of the joints seperating.

I could take them apart and glue them, clamp them, even brace them but after all these years I feel its time to replace them.

I like my music, its a big part of my life, and although the tdls still sound great, well... you know the story.

The trouble is I am so out of touch with the hifi world that its like a minefield out there.

I heard a friend of mines Q Acoustics 3050 with a Onkyo amplifer and although they sounded very different from my tdls, I arent totally convinced they sounded better, perhaps the disparity in amplifiers, or source, his pc didnt have a reference sound quality sound card installed, his sound was from the motherboard audio chipset.

So, any opinions , views, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Ed.

Leelo

I had a set of TDL studio monitors years ago and loved them played them literally to death final straw being unable to find replacement drivers. My very recent (as in today) acquisition of some Tannoy XT 8F have finally given a replacement worthy of the name I don’t know if they would suit you but well worth a listen
Tannoy Revolution XT 8F Floorstanding Speakers

nylonsyorks

Cheers Leelo, been doing my research on the internet thus far, and the XT8F are highly regarded, albeit probably out of my price range, but thanks, appreciated.

Leelo

Cheers Leelo, been doing my research on the internet thus far, and the XT8F are highly regarded, albeit probably out of my price range, but thanks, appreciated.
Currently half price through that link mine arrived with just a couple of dink’s in the boxes but nothing major

nylonsyorks

Definitely a bargain, but even at that very reasonable price they are probably out of my price range, and they look probably too physically big for my sort of living space, but thanks, appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom