• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LOUDEST touch screen handset? £100ish budget.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
I need to get a touchscreen phone on PAYG for around £100.

Needs to be as loud as possible for alerts/mp3/ringtones etc?

Any recommendations?

nc555

Tocco lite? It is touch screen and available for less than £100.

Can't comment on the loudness feature as I'm not an owner.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Not sure how you measure loud ness on an internet forum, but my wife has a Tocco lite, and it is loud!!

Is it right that you can only choose the text alerts built into the phone and not customise this?

Torpedo

erm.. Dunno. As I said, it's the wife's. She's not into customising phones, and just uses what ever comes with the phone. She hasn't even bothered to put a memory card in it!! I'll see if I can have a play tomorrow.

tvdavid

Ive heard the Nokia 5800 is very loud but it might be a bit over at over £150.

Torpedo

Hi NewNeetle. I've just stuck my SD card in the phone and tried to change the ringtone and message tone to some of the mp3s on it, but they are not listed. Just to prove the phone is reading the card, the music player did pick up the mp3s on the SD card. Maybe you have to load the new media files onto the phone itself? As I said, it's not my phone.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Hi NewNeetle. I've just stuck my SD card in the phone and tried to change the ringtone and message tone to some of the mp3s on it, but they are not listed. Just to prove the phone is reading the card, the music player did pick up the mp3s on the SD card. Maybe you have to load the new media files onto the phone itself? As I said, it's not my phone.

Ok, thanks for checking. I was under the impression you could change the ringtone but not the text alert.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom