LOUDEST Music DVD award goes to ...

PaulBoy

... Full Bluntal Nugity - Ted Nugent
A friend of mine loaned this disc to me saying he couldnt listen to it due to the loudness especially the bass ... I stuck it on at my normal listening level an WOW - unbelieveable level of BASS which is totally over the top (IMO) DD5.1 & DTS both have this "megabass" and the disc is much more "sensible" in 2 channel for which there are two versions (DD & PCM ?)
... In fact the whole concert is over the top with Ted arriving on stage on a huge (real) BUFFALO!
... If you like Ted there is alot to look & listen to on this 2 disc set - there is a nice feature on some tracks which lets you jump to the same track from an earlier concert
... Not my cup o tea but might be up someones boulevard
Paul ;)

alexs2

Of course,you should remember that Ted is a fully paid up member of the NRA and likes his meat raw.....his stage act was widely accepted as the loudest in rock during his earlier days,and the man himself is said to be partially deaf as a result.

I imagine this is his way of sharing the experience with you!

mjn

Distinguished Member
doesn't Iron Maiden, hold the record for the loudest concert? 146db or something?

Floodedstatue

Novice Member
I would have thought Motorhead would be quite high up there

niwi

Standard Member
I never could quite come to terms with the concept of Ted Nugent as a musician . . . but I guess he did put in a reasonable turn on Berlin's "Count 3 & Pray"

Maiden's Rio set is a pretty good workout for the sound system

Saxon made my ears bleed at the Hammy Odeon in 198...something

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Loudest I've come across is the Nine Inch Nails concert DVD - usually i watch movies somewhere between volume level 20 to 25 on my system... NIN have to be turned down to 4 and even then it's louder than I'd normally watch at.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom