Loud beeps / clicks coming from Sonos soundbar when changing volume

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by VELS, Apr 5, 2016.

1. VELS

VELS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've got a 65" samsung 9000 serieis TV, about 6 months old connected to a Sonos soundbar via optical audio cable.

When i change the volume on the samsung TV it says "Audio Out" on the left hand side of the screen, but still changes the volume. (this is different to the issue some people have were it says you are using external speakers, please change the volume on those).

When i change the volume via the TV it works fine as above, but there are some quick tapping beeps (sounds like someone tapping on the end of a microphone) played out through the soundbar they arnt constant and if i hold down the volume button for 5 seconds, i may only hear them for 1 second as the volume changes. (this isnt a volume changing click)

Any idea what this might be ?

2. Ukstrider

Ukstrider
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried to upgrade the firmware on your Sonos, if you have then I suggest you enrol on the beta program, I had the same problem but beta software sorted it