Lotto, Worst Lottery Result - Ever?

£181 for 5 numbers? :eek:

They should get rid of the mid-week draw.

Its the fact for four you get £12.....

Back in 95 or 96, i got 4 numbers which paid out £142!

If i had 5, it was about £4k.

There was one years ago when it first started on Saturday nights where there were an unbelievable amount of tickets with all 6 numbers. I'm sure they only got a few grand each, unless I dreamt it of course:rolleyes:

Im kinda glad Im gonna win on Friday now...was disappointed when I checked my numbers this morning.

I don't get why people still queue up to throw their money away on the lottery

£181 for 5 numbers? :eek:

They should get rid of the mid-week draw.

It was all of the low birthday numbers that caused all of the wins, not because it was a midweek draw. OK on a Saturday you could possibly almost double all of the wins, but they would still be very low, and there would be even more winners.

I read somewhere a while back that quite a large number of people put 1,2,3,4,5,6. Totally unrelated, but hey, this is GC!:thumbsup:

I remember one weekend (Autumn '06 IIRC) due to the pot share, the very few Match 5 + Bonus winners received a big wedge more than the 'Jackpot' winners. One of the few times when you wish you hadn't quite hit the Jackpot!

And I thought Saturday's £29 for four numbers was poo, £12 for four numbers is terrible. Irish lotto pays odds rather than a share of prize money but you'll need to go into the bookies to play it.

I don't get why people still queue up to throw their money away on the lottery

+1.

Better off saving what you'd spend on the lottery until you get 100 quid, then buy premium bonds. The odds are better and you can always cash them in and get your money back.

i played the lottery every saturday from 1994-2002 £5 evey week (£2k), i won about £200 it total. 2002-2010 i buy £50 worth of premium bonds every month (£4,800) ive won £600. plus i can get my £4.8k back if i want.
lotto is for mugs:lesson:

I read somewhere a while back that quite a large number of people put 1,2,3,4,5,6. Totally unrelated, but hey, this is GC!:thumbsup:

Yeah it says on that link I posted that 10,000 people do that combination every week. They'd get about £500 each

I write computer programs to pick my numbers, I win quite a lot. So far this year I have won £640 and it's still only January yet. I finished this particular computer program in about August last year, and immediately won £1400 last year, so now I am on a fresh start for 2010... £2040 total so far.

Last edited:
I write computer programs to pick my numbers, I win quite a lot. So far this year I have won £640 and it's still only January yet. I finished this particular computer program in about August last year, and immediately won £1400 last year, so now I am on a fresh start for 2010... £2040 total so far.

post your numbers then, if they come up i'll give you £10. :smashin:

:rotfl: whatever

Yeah but you're buying 3000 tickets each week

Yeah but you're buying 3000 tickets each week

About £20, which are really free from the profits. Back in August I was only buying £6.

Derren Brown stoops to a new low by trying to target audiences on internet forums after failing on TV, only this time with a new excuse to his trickery, COMPUTERS!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom