lotto scratch card/ arrmway parties

@@@@

Established Member
Reaction score
This fell out of a magazine before we binned it we thought give it a scratch so we did. Think we won. But in all your experiences what do you think we won. What would happen if you phoned the number on the back or sent it in.

Would they say Congratulations. You have won a an opportunity to buy shares in a Time share.

Has anyone here ever been duped in attending the Arrmaway pyrmid sale party. We know someone who was well caught up in all that. Cost them there marriage. But what i wanted to ask was At this party i Bought a beautiful aftershave called Apres rasage Possibly the best aftershave i have ever smelt. Anyone out there in Forum land tell me where i can buy some more. This old bottle i have i keep for reference is 10 to 15 years old and has nothing in it. When you open it the smell is still as strong as the first day i bought it. Anyone else been there bought it done something similar?

Attachments

• lotto016.jpg
    lotto016.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 246
I once worked with a bloke who joined Amway. He lost a lot of friends trying to sell stuff to them. We finally had a huge row because I wouldn't spend my money on a bottle of car shampoo (that was good value for money on a wash for wash basis), but was also enough to wash your car once a week, every week, for 4 years.

I won a HDTV, Holiday in the Bahamas and

Then I woke up and had my cornflakes....

There was a thing on tv (think it was watchdog) and it was saying that these scratchcard scams can run on for ages and they give away the same prizes with different looking cards, only ever winners will be the people picking up the money you spend on a phone call.

hmmmm. looking at the scratch card, it costs around 10.00 for the call. looking at the prize list, you probably won a 'digital camera' one of those 5 quid things you put on your keyring....also 'Apres Rasage' is not the brand....it's the french for 'After Shave'!

looking at the prize list, you probably won a 'digital camera' one of those 5 quid things you put on your keyring....
Or an mp3 player, they had a really cheap metal mp3 player in tesco xmas crackers this year.

Are these pyramid schemes still going or have they moved onto other approaches nowadays?

I remember in the mid 90s a couple of friends getting involved with Amway (cleaning products) and NSA (water filters, and dubious health pills/capsules). I actually went to one of the Amway meetings with them to see what all the fuss was about. Couldn't believe it. Something you'd expect a cult to be like.

Found out with Amway that they were more interested in selling you books and audio tapes about motivation and 'self-help' to try to motivate you into getting all your friends and family involved. Decided it wasn't for me. Fell out with one friend who became obsessed with it, everytime I saw him he would bang on about it so started to avoid him.

Last such pyramid scheme I heard about was something called Hearts where people paid in money expecting to get a payout further down the line. One guy I used to work with lost about a grand on it. Fortunately after Amway my eyes were wide open and I'll never get sucked into anything like that again.

Are these pyramid schemes still going or have they moved onto other approaches nowadays?

I Something you'd expect a cult to be like.

My thoughts exactly yes a cult it seemed. I must admit i quite enjoyed the tension of what it was all about in the first ten minuets or so of the initial speech.

if Their is a moderator around feeling generous today could he or she change my spelling in the title threads please we thought we were spelling it right from a bottle.

Thanks for putting me right with Aspres-Rassage the only other Clue I can give you which was on the bottle is Terre De Flea which is probably french for you be conned sunny boy. :)

I now look at that name on the bottle and think of all the un-happiness that sceme caused

I remember in the mid 90s a couple of friends getting involved with Amway (cleaning products) and NSA (water filters, and dubious health pills/capsules). I actually went to one of the Amway meetings with them to see what all the fuss was about. Couldn't believe it. Something you'd expect a cult to be like.
That would be around the time I was invited along to a "presentation" for a company selling electronic gizmos using the same "MLM" techniques. I think they were called Quorum. I can't remember much about the gadgets, but I do remember the succession of people wheeled out to offer testimonials (some tearful!) about how much their lives had improved since embracing the power of marketing and developing their downstream organisation.

It was very much like a gathering of religious evangelists. The only difference was the man in a suit at the front with a bunch of frankly implausible graphs illustrating the exponential business growth True Believers could expect, and the fact that all the converts wore belts adorned with their slightly tacky products.

I've just remembered that one of the gadgets was a personal attack alarm. I expect you can guess why they needed them!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom