1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotsof Help needed - re: 32" widescreen TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mick da Miller, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am finally updating my TV after 10 years good service and for the past month or so have been researching my options. I have Sky Digital and watch a lot of football and other sports as well as movies. Also have a cheap DVD player and VCR which I will probably upgrade soonish. Basically I will spend up to about £1300 and want a 32" widescreen, flatscreen tv. I like the sound of the new JVC with DIST, but is it generally conceived that you can't go too wrong with a Loewe? I could probably get a Vitros as I like the design. What is the sound like on these TVs? Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated as I know little about buying TVs to be honest!

Thanks a lot

Mick

2. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't know about the leowe but I can highly reccomend the Sony 32fx66 it's only about 900-1000 quid depending where you buy and it is an absolute stunner:smashin:

4. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate - will look into it.

5. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    was in the same position as you 4 months ago and having read the stuff here I opted for the Tosh 32ZD26, and have been v.happy. Search it out, especially the summary postings by biboo. Prices vary a lot. I managed to secure a JL price match. so have others.

happy hunting

ditton

6. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I now have a Loewe Aventos after replacing a faulty Toshiba 32ZD26P and can say in every respect the picture, sound, features, operating system, etc is far superior on the Loewe than the Toshiba. Also the Loewe does an excellent job of reformatting 4:3 source material in the correct porportions for a 16:9 screen. The Toshiba merely displays as a 4:3 picture.

7. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnaks for your help - loewe aventos or vitros do you think? Oh and how much did it set you back?

Cheers

8. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the Aventos is actually a better spec feature wise than the Vitros. check out www.loewe.de and make the comparison.

The main difference between the two though is that the Aventos casework is of the same standard as the average Jap main stream box. Whilst the Vitros is more solid rear and more painted front. Hence why the Vitros is more expensive and why the Aventos is pitched straight at the Philips, Toshiba, Sony market segment.

My Aventos in silver was £1200 including stand with 5 year gurantee. Could have saved £100 buying from some on line retailer but wouldn't have got the five year gurantee, install service, after sales service etc.

I would recommend buying from John Lewis or any high quality HiFi AV dealer in your area. Thankfully Loewe's are not available from the likes of Dixons, Currys, Comet et all superstores employing muppets.

9. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your help - just a few more questions. Do JL do a five year guarantee with every purchase? Was yours a price-match by them? How good is the sound and is it upgradeable to Dolby Digital? I must admit to liking the design of the Vitros whne I saw it in granite - stunning! thanks!

10. leeoh

leeoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes JL do five years gurantee as standard on all the TV's they sell. Yes they'll do a price match with an authorised dealer who's not just a web site but has a proper shop front.

And yes the Aventos has the same Media Plus chassis as the other higher spec Loewe TV's. Can't remember off hand without checking if its the Q2400 or Q2500 chassis, but anyway the VGA module, Dolby digital wireless surround etc, are all available for it.

Have tried Sony FX66, Panasonic PH40, Phillips pixel plus, (the worst picture) Toshiba 32ZD26p and this is the only TV that is fault free out of the box. Does not buzz, has perfect geometry and convergence, has no 100Hz digital nasties, supports component inputs from DVD(via scart AV3), fully upgradeable and so won't be obselete this time next week.

11. Ian Maurice

Ian Maurice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Comet, in Milton Keynes at least, has just added a range of Loewe sets to their display (including a platinum Aventos). Must get a demo.

12. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys - Only one problem I have with the Articos, I hate the stand! Is there another one available? Oh and where can i see one advertised for £1200 w/stand to make john lewis drop their price? thanks!

13. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry - meant AVENTOS obviously!