1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of Chat on 36" Tv's But.......

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Anastie, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Ok New here and the advice appears spot on:)

Lots of info on the Panny pd30 and pf2 from Toshiba but......
    I own a Tosh 28w8db and this as you may know has pro logic sound. I have a quality DVD, reviever and speaker set up but only use it for DVD'd. I or rather my wife prefers to have the sound when watching ordinary Sky digibox tv through the TV not my home cinema setup. So my question is this.

Is the twin speaker sound on the panny any good.

Will it irritate me compared to my Tosh pro logic (I like hearing the rear sound).

Is there a 36" tv out there without faults?:eek:

My m8 has a Phillips pixel plus and the pic is awsome and I nor he has not noticed the dreaded vertical bars. Do you think both the above sets are better than the phillips 36" pixel plus?

Thanks again.

2. Clio172

Clio172

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Anastie,

Sony DRC-MF technology is far superior in my opinion than Philips pixel plus. Go for the 36FS76, quite "cheap" now....£1300 ish, and get John Lewis to price match with a 5yr warranty....

cheers,

3. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    oer lots more choices. My m8 who has the 36" pixel plus had a sony 32" before that and thinks his pix plus is better. Must admit I had not considered a sony 362.
    Any more ideas or opinion on those already mentioned folks. Espacially on the pd30's sound.

4. shawkins002

shawkins002
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    PD30's sound is OK - virtual dolby, but can't see that it creates any surround really. The inbuilt subwoofer isn't too bad for a TV - seems to have a decent amount of bass when needed. I expect it is no match for a PF2 or other Dolby Digital sets if you are looking for sound from the TV as opposed to a separate system. Although I have never heard the PF2 - just read decent reviews about its sonic abilities.

5. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Thanks all so far. Is there a magazine that has reviewed either thr pf2 or the pd30? In the UK or web please.

6. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Anastie,

Home Entertainment mag reviewed the 36" pf2 (36ZP38) in the June 2003 edition. Toshiba's web site also links to mag awards here http://www.home-entertainment.toshiba.co.uk/consumer/home.nsf

It can also handle PAL progressive scan, which is important for me and it's physically the same size as my old Philips 28" widescreen.

I quote "One of the most impressive pictures around and digital sound, packed into a plasma-like frame" Five stars.

I've ordered the 32" version and take delivery next Fri 25/7/03 :D

regards,