LOTR ; which version.

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Alantic DVD are offering 5-disc version for $145!!! about £95!.

I know EYZdvd will not ship out.

What version are most people opting for, and from where/price?.

Is it worth getting the 4 disc extended version, and getting 5th disc (LOTH; Beyond the Movie, thought it was something to do with National Geographic) seperately?.

ta

rai

I have ordered the 5 disc set from DVD Soon.

Approx 78$ CDN = £32 :D

www.dvdsoon.com

Regards,

Kirk

Hey Kirk, I don't suppose if you know if the one from DVDsoon has French writing on the cover. I suppose it doesn't matter, and it doesn't look like it from the enlarged picture, just when I'm spending that much money I'd prefer it was all English.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by raigraphixs

Alantic DVD are offering 5-disc version for $145!!! about £95!.

AntanticDVD prices are in AUS$ so the price works out quite a bit cheaper than £95 - more like £50 (before postage).

All the multiple editions confuse me so! I have only one thing I want. The fullest version of the film with the best sound and picture. Stuff the extras! :D so does that rule out the 5 disc job?

ad

Originally posted by buns
All the multiple editions confuse me so! I have only one thing I want. The fullest version of the film with the best sound and picture. Stuff the extras! :D so does that rule out the 5 disc job?

ad

Hi

All the new extended version will have same picture and sound quality. So just go for the 'The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - Director's Cut (4 Discs)'.

rai

Hi Delorian,

No sorry I am not sure either, but I guess it will, at least in the outer cardboard box that the package will be delivered in.

I am not a fan of the bilingual crap, however I wanted the best price and the best package I could get as I have aready seen and love the original LOTR film.

I don't see the point on worrying over £10 ish for a little french nonsense on a duplicate film (sort of) in my collection.

It's just a matter of opinion, but as a whole, I avoid canadian packaging for decent films that may take pride of place in your collection.

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

If ordering from dvdsoon to the UK, what carrier would I choose;

Canada post $4.99
or
Purolator $44.95 (what the heck is that, and it sounds expensive!!)

ta

rai

On amazon it sais that the extended version of lord is dts es... but on the latest bit on homecinemachoice it only said dolby ex. Which one is right.. is there any differences between the pal and ntsc versions of the box set? with the argonaths?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom