LOTR - Two Towers & Return of the King SE

S

silverpines

Having been wowed by the Fellowship of the Ring SE, the obvious thought occurs as to whether there will be extended versions of the two other parts of the LOTR Trilogy. Does anyone know? If so what will they include as extras, having given such a comprehensive background to the concept behind the creation of the films in the Fellowship SE?

There must be Tolkein nutters out there who know.

There will almost certainly be EE of TTT and ROTK.
People have joined the fan club (including me) which gave us the option of having our naes on all three EE DVD's.

Peter Jackson is already working on TTT EE and ROTK is sure to follow.

Im sure all the extra's will follow in the same way - covering TT creatures, locations etc.

There is also the final possibility of a Monster DVD set at the end of all this which will have a new - putting all three films together with new footage etc and will be even longer...

Thanks Ringer!

Reading my post again, I didn't mean to sound offensive by calling all Tolkein enthusiasts "nutters"!

Is there anywhere on the web I can find out further details?

Cheers.

The same team who put together the FOTR EE were signed up for all 3 films. So you'll see matching editions for the next two.

you can probably bet your bottom dollar that will be the case - they've set a prededence now and theres no turning back

have a look here - http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews2/lotrfellowship4disca.html

especially the bit on page 2 that says

"Something that is very much worth noting here is that Peter Jackson, New Line and the DVD producers at Kurtti-Pellerin have already begun planning the DVD releases of the next two films, The Two Towers and The Return of the King. There will indeed be 2-disc theatrical and 4-disc extended versions of each film. More importantly, an overall DVD design philosophy has been worked out for the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy, so that each 2-disc set will complement the other 2-disc sets, and each 4-disc set will likewise build on the other 4-disc sets. What that means, is that a few years from now, when all of the films are on DVD, you'll be able watch them all straight through without seeing lots of overlapping material. You'll ultimately have a more complete and thorough viewing experience

christ - have we really got at least another two years of this WAITING - i cant cope

I asked on another thread (without anyone answering) as to whether the TTT DVD (& ROTK) would come out in the same format as FOTR ie 2 disc followed by 4 disc - which you have answered above - what I wanted to know for TTT & ROTK is will there be the delay between the releases that there was for LOTR ? I certainly hope not - the 4 disc version is so much better in every department - IMO the best DVD ever - Paul ;)

I'm pretty sure it will follow the same schedule really. I'm not too bothered as I'll be buying the 2 discer as well - but I heard the first release will be in June so we might get the EE sooner.

in the "movie news" section of this month's DVD Review magazine, its states about TTT - "another two disk set of splendour will be coming your way in june" - i reckon we'll be looking at late august for the extended version

i also heard a rumour that ROTK will be released late summer 2003 as opposed to christmas - with the dvds released prior to christmas that year - has anyone else heard this / comment

I doubt it they only finished the two towers about 3 weeks ago and the visual effects guys are not expecting to ramp up before march.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom