1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LotR TTT EE commentary track problems

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by igardiner, Nov 21, 2003.

1. igardiner

igardiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All

This is my first posting and I'd appreciate any help or advice you can give.

I have a Sanyo Home Theatre System (DC-AVD8501) which is OK and has played all my DVDs perfectly well.

However, when I try to listen to any of the four commentary tracks on TTT EE DVD I get absolutely nothing - not a hiss - even if the volume is turned up to maximum. However, I ran some tests and the commentary tracks and the associated subtitles letting you know who is speaking do work if I play the DVD through my Playstation 2 and the DVD drive on my PC. Having said that, my PS2 cannot play the second feature disk at all past halfway through for some unknown reason - it will only play perfectly with full functionality on my PC.

I did go back to the store to get an exchange, but the same happened with the replacement. I'm at a loss. Any ideas why this may be happening and if I can force my Sanyo to play the audio track somehow? I have the FotR EE DVD too and had no problems at all with that.

Thanks!

2. stretcher

stretcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, I've got a firmware update for your Sanyo player you can have for nothing if you like - I got it to upgrade my local publican's 8501 player to multiregion, which it did perfectly.

Maybe resetting might help? I don't know, just a thought. PM me with your details and I'll pop it in the post with the instructions on what to do. Never know, might be worth a try.;)

3. igardiner

igardiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Stretcher, will be in touch