1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR Trilogy in cinemas for RotK. UK?????

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by davidwatsonok, Sep 1, 2003.

1. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    There's a lot of talk on the web about the extended (DVD) versions of FotR & TTT being shown in US cinemas prior to the release of RotK, and even a marathon complete trilogy in one evening on the eve of release. Is there any hope of this happening in the UK, or is it just the Yanks who get the special treatment ? That would be one hell of a night at the flix !

One source

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I love the cinema, but 11 hours non-stop (excluding wee breaks of course) with the rest of the freaks in the audience would be too much for me. Probably get sick of popcorn and slush-puppies too. :D

3. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Off Topic lounge in Rage3D Forums have established that we'll get the same thing in the UK, the first two EE Editions screened as a prelude to the ROTK Screening at midnight-ish.

Maybe somebody else can confirm this?

4. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody?

5. baldbird

baldbird

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Put this on a few weeks ago

Starting the week of Dec. 5, the extended DVD cut of "Fellowship of the Ring" will be released in some 100 or so theaters in the U.S. and in 20 theaters in Canada.

Then, the week of Dec. 12, "The Two Towers" will be released, leading up to a worldwide Dec. 16 daylong marathon, during which all three films will be shown back-to-back. The screenings that day will include a 3 p.m. showing of "Fellowship" followed by a 7 p.m. screening of "Two Towers" and then an 11 p.m. screening of "Return of the King," which will carry over into Dec. 17 -- the day of its global release.

6. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure about the trillogy but many, if not all UCI's will be doing a double bill of FOTR and TTT as the directors chair for the week commencing 12th Dec. That will be on Sun 14th, Tue 16th at my local.

So i guess it is possible they'll add ROTK on the 16th/17th and make it a trillogy. I'll try and find out if I remember.