LOTR (sorry!)

Zog

Established Member
Reaction score
Read a million threads, but still strugglin for the definitive answer.
Which version should I be buying? I want full un-cut with added scenes if possible. Best picture and DTS.
All regions considered.

All regions are the same. However, you may notice the audio glitches in the R2/R4.

I went for the canadian R1 (hope to have it tomorrow) as it was only £16.

nwgarratt - can I ask what site you used?

Cheers,
Mugsy

nwgarratt - can I ask what site you used?

If you mean where I ordered it from. I ordered it from Amazon.ca.

Will you get clobbered for VAT/Customs by ordering from Amazon.ca?
Also will it have French on the cover?

Hi,

Can anyone who has the R1 Canadian version of the collecters Extended gift pack of LOTR let me know if it has French titles plastered all over the box and on the digipak please?

I should be alright for customs as it was under £18 also although I haven't got it yet the only french is on a leaflet inside the box which states the specifications of the DVD.

There shouldn't be any french on the outside.

I would definitely say the region one version - cheaper, better packaging, no cuts, more extras, & no EIV logo! :rolleyes: :D

I bought mine from CD-Wow - £21 for the R1 USA version. This seemed the obvious choice to me. ;)

I was coming to the same conclusion.
Cheers for confirming things for me.

Cheers NWGarratt, I am a happy bunny now. :D

Can you please elaborate on the 'more extras' and 'no cuts'?

I've bought the Collectors Edition on R2 which has the rigid cardboard outer sleeve for the digipack.
Just a shame I had to buy the bookends aswell to get it

I just got my LOTR DVD and no customs. The price was $37.67 on the package so that is just the price of the DVD and does not include postage.

Also, it came in just four days. I just have to stop looking the packaging and open the thing. :)

Ok, just done it. I can confirm the french is just in the leaflet (english to french translation) and a bit of paper with the DVD specs.

I hope the rest of the films are like it.

Originally posted by Jpfahy
Can you please elaborate on the 'more extras' and 'no cuts'?

The region two version is lacking a few of the easter eggs that the region one has, also a few of the documentaries were apparently cut in places due to bad language! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom