1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotr - Rotk - R3 ....

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Lighty, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Lighty

Lighty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    hi

don't know if anyone can help.....

i have the 4 disc sets of FOTR & TTT in R1 format and am about to order ROTK

cd-wow have the R3 version for £15 !!
    is it the emobossed sleeve like R1 rather then the plain R2 one?

thanks if you can help me

sean

2. Gromit

Gromit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    From what I´ve heard the Region 3 should be exactly like the Region 1 box - meaning a leather texture feel... and not like the plain Region 2.

Regards,

3. Listy

Listy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    It does have the sturdy "leatherette" box of the R1 version. However, the discs themselves DO NOT have burnt in subs like the R1 (for when they speak Elvish, etc) they have horrible player generated ones like the R2 version.

I went for the R1 from Amazon.com so that I could have the sturdy box and burnt in subs :thumbsup:

4. dvdbunny

dvdbunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First time I ever heard someone prefer burnt in subs to "player generated" ones. :eek:

5. Listy

Listy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Sorry mate but I don't believe that for one second. Are you seriously telling me that you prefer blocky Arial player generated fonts in films rather than burnt in one's with the right font like they are meant to be seen (and were in the cinema version). Behave :suicide:

6. dvdbunny

dvdbunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. I hate burnt in because they are burnt in. There is no way to turn them off! Furthermore there is no such thing as "player generated" fonts. They are stored on the dvd as images and alas they are usually not anti-aliased by the player so they look worse but I couldn't care less for the esthetics of the subtitles.

You can argue the fact that it's elf language so you need subtitles to understand it but I still want the choice to turn the subs on and off as I please.

I usually see that when a movie had solely forced or burnt in subs it would be frowned upon. :)