LOTR ROTK EE date yet?

Dak

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
Sure this is on the site somewhere but my search was unsuccesful. Any ideas on dates?
Dak

Most people seem to think it will be November - just like the previous Extended Editions. No date is given on the official site yet, but it says "in time for the Holidays", which I assume means "before Christmas".

However, it is interesting to note that the MPAA have already given the Extended Edition it's rating - PG-13 - so I assume the project is actually finished. I guess it will be just New Line's decision when to release.

rumour hounds say august....know alls say november......but remember with swt coming in september perhaps it could be a peter jacksonV george lucas battle!!!!!

Originally posted by keiths
Most people seem to think it will be November - just like the previous Extended Editions. No date is given on the official site yet, but it says "in time for the Holidays", which I assume means "before Christmas".

My guess would be early november in time for both thanksgiving and christmas.

It's to do with marketing. The fans will buy it whenever it comes out and everyone else will get it for christmas.

Originally posted by keiths

However, it is interesting to note that the MPAA have already given the Extended Edition it's rating - PG-13 - so I assume the project is actually finished. I guess it will be just New Line's decision when to release.

...but are the extras finished????

and have the commentaries been recorded????

what do you think well get extra ala bookends or the smeagol figure

Originally posted by Jonny1973
...but are the extras finished????

and have the commentaries been recorded????

Maybe not - as unlike BBFC ratings, MPAA ones don't have to rate extras and commentaries etc. I don't think New Line would want competition from Star Wars Trilogy DVD release in September, so my money is on November - hope I'm wrong :)

Originally posted by jelly

Don't know - how about a Minas Tirith model?

Originally posted by jelly

Maybe the Witch-king on his fell beast, they had that on the roof of the embassy theatre for the NZ premiere.

Originally posted by Jonny1973
Maybe the Witch-king on his nazgul, they had that on the roof of the embassy theatre for the NZ premiere.

<anorak>
Or even the Nazgul, the Witch King, on his Fell Beast
</anorak>
:)

It will be something that has only appeared in rotk but not replicated by the statues and figures produced by Sideshow Weta.

The Witch King, Nazguls and Fell beasts have or are being planned for production by Sideshow Weta so it is unlikely to be those characters.

A Murmak, a Corsair, Minas Tirith, the fighting trolls are all possibilities.

Is that real or a mock up? Looks good either way.

As for the model thingy in the next box set.........it has to be a ring doesn't it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom