1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR - R1 or R2?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Desticado, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I know the disks are pretty much identical in terms of content (Extras etc) but has anyone had a chance to compare picture & sound quality between the two regions.

Im still waiting for my R1 disk to be shipped and so im thinking of cancelling it and paying retail for the R2 on tuesday.

Regards

2. GearHead

GearHead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Despite concerns regarding the rumours of inferior picture quality on the Canadian R1 version I can vouch that this disk is stunning. And the soundtrack.... fully met my high expectations following the many glowing reports.

Not been able to compare with R2, but if you are hesitant over picture/sound quality concerns, the R1 version is certainly amongst the best I've come across.

Allan

3. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Rented the R2 last night. What can I say, it's a stunning film. Picture quality is proberly the one of the best I have ever seen. I did not get to see the film at the cinema so this was the first time I had seen it. I had to keep picking my jaw up off the floor it's must rank as one of the most stunning films I have ever seen. Sound is excellent, I didn't think the soundtrack was too loud as some people have said about the R1 disk, I had my amp set at it's normal level. EX encoding is one of the best I have ever listened to not gimicky but makes a true 360 degree soundfield.

IMO if you have a TV I would go with the R2 if you have a projector of plan to get one soon go with the R1.