1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR R1 Boxset

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by t-force, Aug 11, 2002.

1. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Many, many apologies to all if this has been posted previously: is there anywhere on the web which is accepting pre-orders for the 5 disc + bookends R1 edition of LOTR? I had the R2 version on order, but having seen that it won't have the National Geographic DVD, and the sound and picture problems that people have been experiencing with the 2 disc R2 release, I've cancelled that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
  3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's not the 5-disk bookends one. That's the more affordable 4-disk extended edition.

Both www.amazon.ca and www.amazon.com have it for pre-order, but prepare to pay the import duty :rolleyes:

4. Kam the Man

Kam the Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm quite gobsmacked that they are releasing a special edition like this...Why can't they stop ripping the fans off.

Release all the versions together then let us make our minds up which version to buy.

I'm not too bothered if an old film is re-vamped or even a directors cut....but this is just sheer exploitation.....:mad:

ahhh....humbug....

That's one thing I give George Lucas credit for.....Ep 1 only had a single release. Mind you he did create that evil Binks.......

Kam.

5. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    All the various editions of Lord of the Rings were announced at the same time (in the same press release in fact).

The 4-disc set is obviously going to take more time to prepare.

How does that make it a rip-off?