LOTR Preorder Malarkey (dvdsoon)

PaulBoy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
In August I preordered LOTR 4 disc @ dvdsoon for $41
I checked my account there today & spotted the same LOTR 4 disc had gone DOWN to $38 - Their usual policy is that the earlier you preorder the lower the price (it was as low as $32 when they first posted a price apparently)
Now I dont know if this new price is a fcuk up & I emailed them that I wasnt best pleased but it was actually dead easy to cancel the first order & credit the amount to my account & then reorder for the cheaper price (but it's still a pain in the rce to have to!)
I have used dvdsoon several times & although slow they have always cut the mustard - I suppose at the end of the day if you're after the cheapest deal a few compromises have to be made ... Paul ;)

you might end up with a charge [ or at least the difference in exchange rate] check your c/card bill!

As I understand it, DVD Soon make an administration charge for canceling orders (can't remember how much) so canceling and then re-ordering may actually have cost you more than keeping it preordered at the original price.
Maybe it's me, but I tend not to use companies for preorders that charge me before shipping my goods and then charge me to cancel orders aswell.

Originally posted by Rambo John J
As I understand it, DVD Soon make an administration charge for canceling orders (can't remember how much) so canceling and then re-ordering may actually have cost you more than keeping it preordered at the original price.
Maybe it's me, but I tend not to use companies for preorders that charge me before shipping my goods and then charge me to cancel orders aswell.

DVDSoon dont charge to cancel preorders if you credit the amount to your account with them. Which is then deducted off future orders include this if you reorder it.

Not sure if they charge a fee if you select refund money back to your credit card. Anyway you can lose from exchange rate movements and any foreign transaction fee your card provider charges as you will pay it twice.

Yeah I went for the credit option (which I have used b4 & not incurred any charges)
Incidentally dvdsoon appear to have sparked a bit of a price war as I was looking for a cheap Spiderman & found that my old mates at absound are cheaper than dvdsoon (about £12 delivered) they are also only slightly dearer for Episode II as well
Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom