Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how many have you done?

i think today was my 3rd, just bought the extended edition boxset and had to watch all 3. started just before 11, had a short break for lunch and have only just finished :eek:

lots of good extra bits in the EE set, a few scenes that definately should'nt have been cut :eek:

best scene to be added by far was the one in ROTK when the army go to the black gate and that messed up orc comes out :D reminds me of one of the hellraiser characters :cool:

i've watched them seperately quite a few times each also :)

Two here, prolly do it again in a few weeks time.

bought the boxset when it came out, still havent watched it

watched 1 and 3 in the cinema, somehow missed 2 tho...

one day, I'll get round to it!!

rhino2k said:
best scene to be added by far was the one in ROTK when the army go to the black gate and that messed up orc comes out :D reminds me of one of the hellraiser characters :cool:

i've watched them seperately quite a few times each also :)

FYI, the guy who played the messed up orc (aka The mouth of Sauron) is the Gyro Pilot from Mad Max 2 - Bruce Spence. It was filmed normally, then the mouth digitised to give it that 'hellraiser' effect.

None :(
Watched the films and the extended DVD when they came out, but not had the time to sit down and watch them all together.

One day, just too many other things to watch and not enough time to watch them atm.

Well we are due a new arival soon (It's a boy!) and then I think I will do another LOTR marathon as I get 2 weeks Paternity leave :)

i'm just waiting to get some blinds up so i can black out the room in the daytime...lol...then it'll be a LOTR day followed by a Star Wars day, then Indy Jones + Back to the Future day.....heh

BAN5HEE said:
Well we are due a new arival soon (It's a boy!) and then I think I will do another LOTR marathon as I get 2 weeks Paternity leave :)

That is the most optamistic post I have ever seen! :D

Never done LOTR....Harry Potter marathon was good fun tho' :)

Never done a LOTR marathon, just haven't got the time (or energy). Closest thing is to watch all three in consecutive weeks!
50.gif

I have done it twice in consecutive days, but never all in one day.

Me also - 4 times though, but only over consecutive evenings.
Superb entertainment!!!

Noooooo!

you've gotta do them all in one go, and make it the extended editions :D

i must admit it is a lot of viewing, but i loved every second :)

Done it once ( all 3 EE )and itching to do it again, but geez thats a bum number

Spooky said:
Done it once ( all 3 EE )and itching to do it again, but geez thats a bum number

:D i've got one of those giant beanbags, makes things more comfortable as you can keep changing the way you sit/lay :)

BAN5HEE said:

Good luck to ya!!! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Hopefully you can ignore the screaming in the back ground.

I don't own any of the LOTR trilogy, will buy em someday on the cheap, got no chance of a marathon though, I thought each movies was over long in their normal edition, never mind superdooperextendededition(tm). :suicide:

i have watched them all on consecutive days twice but haven't yet watched them all in a single day - i won't vote on the poll as i do not think that this counts.
i do plan to do a marathon day though now that i have a big screen and 5:1.
respect to doing it three times.
pete

fizzgog said:
i have watched them all on consecutive days twice but haven't yet watched them all in a single day - i won't vote on the poll as i do not think that this counts.
i do plan to do a marathon day though now that i have a big screen and 5:1.
respect to doing it three times.
pete

does'nt really matter mate, only a bit of fun :D alough watching them all in a day is a feat.

not once did i feel :boring:

a tribute to the films :D

Did a quick calculation with my EE and find that if you watch them back-to-back , it comes to about 10 hours. :eek:

mattrixdesign2 said:
Good luck to ya!!! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Hopefully you can ignore the screaming in the back ground.

I don't own any of the LOTR trilogy, will buy em someday on the cheap, got no chance of a marathon though, I thought each movies was over long in their normal edition, never mind superdooperextendededition(tm). :suicide:

Have seen the extended editions ?
Even though they are actually longer, they run smoother and therefore not as slow to watch imo.

I only managed to sit through about 25 minutes of the first film and then gave in as I found it tedious :( Having said that though, I've not watched a full Star Wars film either.

JohnG said:
I only managed to sit through about 25 minutes of the first film and then gave in as I found it tedious :(
Isn't that because you played Bilbo Baggins and got fed up when you weren't on screen anymore ? ;)

Seth Gecko said:
Isn't that because you played Bilbo Baggins and got fed up when you weren't on screen anymore ? ;)

I'm not tall enough to play Bilbo :eek: :rotfl:

JohnG said:
I only managed to sit through about 25 minutes of the first film and then gave in as I found it tedious :( Having said that though, I've not watched a full Star Wars film either.

:eek: the first hour or so is very slow, but mucho action after that :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom