1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOTR:FOTR on DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Ian Cox, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well even before the film is out New Line have already announced a date for the DVD release, sometime in August 2002. The DVD is also going to have a trailer for the Two Towers on it - cool.

Because of its long running time I wonder if they are going to be able to fit the whole film on one disc, lets hope so. Should be one to watch out for though.

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,984
    What two towers trailer, am i missing something?

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,115
    The DVD is also going to have a trailer for the Two Towers on it - cool.

I think Ian is referring to the fact that all 3 films in the saga have already been shot, so when the 1st film is launched on DVD then it will have a trailer for the next installment due at the cinema in December02 to whet our appetites!!

Cheers

Si

4. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Si, thats right. With all the acting finished for all three films Peter Jackson is putting the film together at the moment for the Two Towers. Also from what I understand they have got about 700 CGI shots to do as well which will take them up until Christmas next year when the second film is released. So they will be able to put a trailer on for the Two Towers on the DVD release.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Well, even though I haven't seen the movie yet, nor read the book, I still want the DVD's.

My only query is this: should we buy each movie as it comes out, or wait for Peter Jackson's often-noted 10-hour edition, which would contain all 3 movies, plus extra footage?! :eek:

I'd rather go for the set containing all 3 films, but don't think I could bear the wait!! :D

Pooch

6. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm sure it'll be best to buy them seperatly. I'm sure they'll just put the normal special editions into a special collectors box maybe with another extras disc.

The one this August will probably be a 2-Disc SE. Who knows!